118. Ajax Petropolus | Bubble

Tumblr : igotanidea

request by anon: Hey, could I request an Ajax Petropolus X reader fic? Where the reader gets injured in the ending battle against Crackstone and Ajax finds her and comforts her. And helps look after her while she is injured. Pure fluff <3

so yes, pure fluff. It's a bit short but I hope you'll like it.

"Where's Wednesday?" Enid was scared, covered with blood and looking around frantically in search of her roomate turned best friend.

"And where's Y/N?" Ajax was also begining to slightly panic, realising that not only young Adams, but also his girlfriend was gone "Has anyone see them?"

"Look!" one of the other students pointed his finger towards the gate of the school, where four silhouettes was emerging from the shadows. Wednesday Addams, proudly pacing in the middle, Bianca on her right side and Eugene on the left.

For a second everyone went completely silent and still. Well, everyone except the blonde werewolf, who, upon seeing her dark counterpart started running towards Wednesday, hugging her tightly. At first Addams tried to move away but when she saw Enid's tearful and relieved expression pulled her in again

"Guess miracles happen" Y/N smirked from behind and at the sound of her voice Ajax's eyes went wide "Wednesday Addams becoming a hugger in front of everyone"

"I;m gonna let that comment pass just because you just helped me safe the school." Wednesday muttered with her cold stare. There was however a bit of sparkle in her eyes.

"And yourself too, Addams, don't forget that"

"Y/N" Ajax interrupted girls' bantering, finally gathering his girlfriend attention

"Ajax...." She whispered and tears immediately sprung to her eyes as now she started running towards him, longing for his calming embrace, his warmth and safety she always felt in his arms. The boy knew exactly what to do when he grabbed her tightly allowing the girl to hide face in his chest letting the tears flow freely.

"Hey, it's ok, it's ok" he caressed her hair in lovingly manner, whispering in her ear "it's over, you're safe."

"It was so scary, Jax" she whimpered

"I know. My brave girl, you did so well." Ajax pressed a little kiss on her temple, slightly pulling away to look into her eyes "I thought I lost you...."

"You could never....." she started speaking but all of a sudden her vision became a bit blurry.

"Y/N? Are you ok?"

"I..... I ...... I feel a bit dizzy...."

"You need rest, all right? Let me just....." he moved his arm towards her waist to support her and prevent from falling but as he did, he felt something warm and thick on girl's side "Y/N! You're bleeding" great, now he was freaking out again. Not much of a help.

"Calm down, stoner" Wednesday stepped in, clearly being the only one who could remedy the situation "we need to get her to the school hospital, like now. You're attitude only makes everything worse. Enid?" the female werewolf was no better than the gorgon, pacing around nervously as her other friend was losing more and more blood every second "Enid!"

"Oh fine, alright, you're right. Let's get her patched up. Should we lift her, or.....?"

"I'll do it" Ajax had to put his best effort into lifting Y/N up but didn't show a single sign of it. She was hurt. He was there to make sure everything will be fine, not leaving her out of his sight for a single second.

***

A few hours later, Y/N found herself waking up in white room. How cliché, that even in the school for the outcast the hospital was still stigmatized with this particular color. The light was too bright, the rare sounds were too loud, her head were killing her and her abdomen felt stretched and like it was on fire. It took a couple of minutes to remember the memories from before. Crackstone, Wednesday, Eugene, the battle for school. Oh, and the Hyde. And the fact that the only normie teacher turned out to be the monster's master. Just typical day at Nevermore. She groaned a bit since her body seemed to object even the smallest movement and that sound woke up the boy napping in the nearby chair. Judging by the position and the face expression it must have been uncomfortable and numbing. Ajax however did not seem to care as he rushed towards Y/N bed.

"Y/N. You're awake."

"I am, mister obvious" she smiled cupping his cheek lightly "and you have print on your face. Were you here the whole time?"

"I was worried. Sick worried about you."

"How long did you stay?"

"All night sweetie" one of the nurses came into the room making the teenagers jump away with flustered expression "hey, don't mind me, kids, I'm just gonna check your vision.... Follow the flashlight, dear, please... ok, seems fine .... And I'm out. You can continue your talking lovebird" she winked making Ajax turn red in an instant "let me just tell you something, my lovely girl. This boy refused to swap places by your side with everyone who offered. He really must be into you. If I were you I would keep him...." She grinned one again and exited the room.

Y/N followed her out and after making sure the woman was not coming back (at least for a while) she eyed the boy.

"Ajax." He was still looking at the ground, not capable of meeting girl's eyes "Hey, Ajax, look at me. Please."

How could he ever refuse her pleading tone, her sweet voice and those beautiful eyes. The second their gazes meet he exposed everything he felt during that last hours. Fear. Anger. Hope. Love.

"You refused Wednesday?" Y/N asked

"What?"

"I bet she was the one who wanted to watch me while I was sleeping. Such creepy behavior is in-character. So, did you tell her no. "

"I did."

"My hero" she smiled "must have taken a lot of courage."

"A bit" he smiled sheepishly and turned the gaze away once more "wait. Did you just call me a creep?"

"What? Me? No way? Never." She answered innocently. "at least I don't think so."'

"I missed you." the gorgon cut her train of though

"Missed me? Ajax, from what I can tell I was just a couple meters away from you....."

"I don't mean it like that and you know it well enough. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you."

"You wouldn't."

"You say that now. But you're always the one who jumped into danger without thinking if anyone you care about is threatened. I love you for that, but.... But....."

"But what?" she grabbed his hands in her squiring them tightly "come on, Jax, tell me."

"It's my job to protect you. Not the other way round. I should have been there and ...."

"No." Y/N shook her head and the sudden movement made her hiss in pain. "I'm fine" she assured Ajax whose face was crossed with worried expression. "And it's not about your job or my job. We, I mean, the whole school were one in that fight. And what I find most important is that you were there for me. You know why I decided to fight Crackstone alongside Wednesday?"

"Because she's your friend?"

"Yes, silly, but also because of you."

"Wait, what? I don't understand" he frowned and the girl laughed at his confused and deeply focused face.

"stop squinching! Let me put it that way, I was fighting because I knew what was on the line. Not only Addams, not just Nevermore, not my life, but also yours. You do realize I love you more than anything, right?"

"I love you too and that's why I think...."

"Shhh" Y/N silenced him by putting a finger on his lips "you think way too much, Jax."

" Well then maybe I should stop....." he leaned closed, resting his forehead on hers

"Mhm.... Maybe you should " she whispered mimicking his movement, their lips now inches away from each other's.

"So.... Can I.....?"

"Oh, shut up and just kiss me already." And with such incentive he finally closed the distance crushing his lips on hers. Simple movement, filled with so much passion and emotion that for the second time in less than 24 hours Y/N felt dizzy. But this time it was the good kind. Full of love, hope and every positive emotion Wednesday Addams would scoff. Neither Ajax nor Y/N would ever care about it though. Their little bubble was all they needed.