86. Wednesday Addams | SFW Alphabet

Tumblr : tulipsbymybed

A=affection, how affectionate are they? how do they show affection?

I think we could all probably agree she is not very affectionate. She both doesn't see the point and is not used to it. Once you two are dating or have established that you feel the same way, she doesn't really see the point in being super affectionate with you. She is obviously slightly more open, more attentive with you than anyone but if you know how she feels why should she have to prove it to you constantly for some trivial idea about being a couple that society indulges in? Wednesday knows how she feels, and she knows you know how she feels. Anything/anyone else is irrelevant. That being said, if you would like her to be more affectionate you will have to explain exactly what you would like, or how she could show her feelings. It'll be slow, but she will attempt to incorporate your advice into your relationship.

B=best friend, what would they be like as a best friend? how would the friendship start?

We've all seen, and became very jealous of, the way she is with Enid (I am well aware most fans see this friendship as romanic but for these headcanons I'm using it as a friendship). Wednesday often misses cues and regular "friend activities" pass her by. Much like the way she shows affection, if she has no interest in things you want to do she simply won't-you guys are friends, why involve herself in mundane tasks just so you can say you're friends? Much like Enid did, your friendship with Wednesday would likely start by just inserting yourself into her life as much as possible; you can see she does somewhat enjoy having friends and companions, it's just the societal expectations of upholding any kind of relationships that mainly holds her back. So stick with her and you'll end up with some sort of loyal black widow friend.

C=cuddles, do they like to cuddle? how would they cuddle?

Short answer is no. Wednesday Addams is not a cuddler. I think a lot of us would like to think that behind closed doors and away from prying eyes she melts into your arms, but unfortunately that's not the case. It's not that she doesn't like you, that she doesn't want to show you how much you mean to her, cuddling just makes her uncomfortable. However, once you guys have been together for quite a while, when you guys are pretty steady with each other and she's let her guard down around you more-she starts to sleep on her side with you. While she usually finds all the comfort she needs laying on her back with her hands on her chest, funeral style, some nights she finds herself wanting to turn towards you. You two don't really touch when sleeping in the same bed (even though that happens much more often than not these days), but this small display shows her trust and devotion to you. Very very occasionally, she will turn away from you and it makes your heart flutter because it shows just how much she trusts you. like a cat.

D=domestic, do they want to settle down? how are they at cooking and cleaning?

As we heard from the main woman herself, she'll never be a housewife or any such thing. It is pretty clear to you that she has never been and will never be someone who had a partner criteria list, who wanted to be married by a certain age and have kids by a certain age. Again, she doesn't really understand/feel the need to prove your affection to each other. It's much more likely that when you both graduate Nevermore, you'll simply find an apartment together. Fun fact, you were actually slightly nervous about your relationship outside of the school-what if she wanted to leave this/you behind with her days in education? What if she planned her career/life after school already and it doesn't include you?? None of this even occurred to Wednesday in fact, she had just correctly assumed you would be living together in the future. She manages to reassure you on this front quite by accident, as one day she walks up to you and plants her phone in your face and goes "This has a basement measuring 600 square feet, and two fridges built in. You need not fret about seeing any dismembered parts anymore." And that's how you learned she was basically house hunting. For you both.