162. Wednesday Addams | I Want to Be Yours I

Tumblr : i984

|Pairing|: Wednesday Addams × gender neutral reader.

|Genre|: I intended to write angst, but it turned not angsty?

|Warnings|: Brief mentions of gore, lots of watching from a far, Enid and Ajax being stinkin' cute, Bianca still not over Xavier if you squint real hard, Thorpe being a simp, goofy ass precious Yoko, reader being an awkward character hopelessly in love.

|Summary|: Your Christmas epiphany hits you like a truck.

|Word count|: 0.7k words

***

Want.

A desire for something.

You usually don't find yourself wanting for things. Be it a nice weather with clear sky for the day, having enough time to take warm relaxing baths, or not getting stuck with Principal Weems driving you around for your weekly trip to therapy.

And this year--this December--was no different. As your peers walk along the corridors adorned with dazzling Christmas decorations and smiles decorating their faces, bodies pressed up against each other side by side while hands linked to one another, you feel perfectly fine.

You find yourself roaming Ophelia Hall, and soon you catch a glimpse of a certain raven haired girl and her furry best friend entering their shared dorm room. You find your legs itching to sprint towards their direction--her direction--but you take ahold of yourself and do a 180 to the other direction.

It's thought provoking really, how much the frequency in which you would have to catch yourself from doing something out of character seem to have increased. You would often realize how you'd try to look for any signs of her emotion, let it be how her jaw clenched ever so slightly, or how her brows furrow.

And as the lonely Christmas night comes, you watch from afar as Wednesday and her group of friends gather round the quad to watch the snow fall. You can see how both Enid and Ajax have both their hands inside Ajax's pocket. They've got that dopey smile on their faces you noted, the one that you occasionally find yourself sporting when you look at a certain girl.

Yoko is just chilling, sticking her tounge out for the occasional snowflake falling. Bianca is glancing at Xavier while his eyes seem to lock on Wednesday's figure the entire time.

She seems to grumble about something, and you can see Enid responding with a chuckle, her mouth forming words you're too slow to read. Seems that Wednesday is enjoying herself, considering she hasn't left them standing yet.

As you watch her, you suddenly feel a tug in your chest--adrenaline coursing through your system. Maybe if you just say hi to them, to her, then maybe you'd have a chance? Your legs have already moved according to their own accord before you can figure out exactly a chance for what.

Wednesday seems to have noticed your presence approaching. She lifted her gaze and there it is--her dark brown orbs staring right into your own. It seems like your doom has arrived to pick you up as you feel your blood pump and your body heat up.

You stopped dead at your tracks--limbs not daring to move even in the slightest--courtesy of the piercing gaze belonging to your object of infatuation. She didn't say a thing, her brows forming a downward arch just the slightest bit. What is in her mind right now, you desperately dread to know.

And as you take a step back turning your body the other way, you're stricken with a bewildering realization. Your seemingly simple and innocent infatuation for Wednesday Addams is taking a hold of your being. You hate how a mere glimpse of her image would coax your mind into spending countless hours longing for her attention.

Wednesday Addams is becoming the drug you've simply given up on battling. You realize you want her, crave her even. And for the first time in a long time you find yourself not feeling guilty or selfish for wanting something--or in this case someone--to be at your side, close to where your heart is.

And if she chooses to rip it out, you think that it'd be a glamorous way to face death, with her hands clutching your throbbing heart spewing blood all over her body. She may even get some on her face. It would surely be a bewitching sight to behold.

You wish to know more about her feelings. To discover more and more pieces of her that she wouldn't show anyone. Heck you desperately need to. She was an enigma to you and many other people, you'd admit. But maybe one day, you can be the one to solve the mystery that is Wednesday Addams.

And maybe one day, you'd be lucky enough to hear her call you hers and hers only.