110. Ajax Petropolus | under the mistletoe

Tumblr : cosmicpearlz

summary: you friends decided enough was enough and had a plan to set you guys up together.

pairing: ajax petropolus x reader

*

you and ajax had a history of being the best friends that nobody could tell if you were dating or simply just friends. from lingering touches to you sitting on his lap at almost every party to pet names and even long hugs that 'just friends' don't do. the friend group was planning on how to get you guys to confess to each other and the upcoming christmas party was definitely the perfect time.

it was an ugly sweater christmas party held at xavier's house. of course, everyone had to wear an ugly sweater well except wednesday. she had threatened to murder enid when the girl tried to get her to put on the christmas sweater. wednesday didn't even really want to go but enid had practically begged her to go and to get her to shut up, she reluctantly agreed to go.

"hi guys! sorry i'm late, the traffic was nuts," you walked in to greet everyone with a smile. upon hearing your voice, ajax snapped his head up at the door completely forgetting the conversation he was in with kent.

"baby! i missed you," the gorgon stands to meet you and pull you into hug. you felt yourself melt into his arms like you always did. he tended to have the feeling over you.

"you just saw me last week when school went on winter break."

"a week too long. come, let's get you some hot chocolate, yeah?" you nodded at the boys words and let him lead you by hand to the kitchen.

"that was a dreadful sight. why must they always be like that?" wednesday muttered to herself and enid nudged her arm to knock it off.

"enid, i'm just pointing out the obvious. it's quite disgusting."

"okay, do we know which doorway we're hanging up the mistletoe on?" bianca quickly glanced at the two of you who were clearly in your own worlds before leaning in to whisper.

"yes. it's the doorway before you go into the music room. that's where we'll do the white elephant game because the tree is in there. but remember, they must be the last to come in!" xavier reminded everyone and wordlessly everyone nodded along. the boy was pretty excited to help his best friend get his girl officially. when you and ajax walked back to the couches in the living room, they acted like nothing happened.

"so, what did we miss?" ajax took his previous seat guiding you to sit on his lap.

"nothing much besides how much fun white elephant was gonna be," yoko didn't understand how you guys didn't even pay attention to anyone else but each other.

"oh yes! i'm so excited because i think i brought the best gift."

"what'd you bring babe?" you looked at him while shaking your head.

"as if i would tell you," ajax chuckled and placed a delicate kiss to your cheek.

-

"dinners ready!" xavier's mom called out to the group of you from the dining room. everyone gets up to go to sit at the table. xavier's mom decided to give you guys the space and not bother. his dad nowhere to be found, probably at work. xavier stopped relaying on his dad a while ago.

you went to sit next to ajax when xavier swooped in and sat in the seat. immediately following Kent sat in the other seat that was next to him. with furrowed brows, you walked around the table sitting across from him next to wednesday. you were a little upset that you didn't get to physically sit next to the boy but hide it well. silently the group nodded once more to start the plan.

"so y/n, remember that guy patrick? the one from math class," yoko smirked watching the way ajax's jaw clenched. bingo, first indicator of jealousy.

"i mean yeah, what exactly about him?"

"he just was interested in you. i told him i'd mention it to you," bianca sent you a smile while you suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"oh i'm just not interested in him. i'm sorry."

"but you are single, right? why not just give it a shot?"

"enid she's not interested," ajax was quick to answer for you. he didn't want to lose the best thing that's ever happened to him. he'd think he would lose his mind if you were no longer in his life.

"i'm just saying," enid shrugged her shoulders, "just think about it y/n."

the rest of the dinner was quiet, the group had gotten you guys right where they wanted you. they could see ajax almost burst out the confession. step two was next.

"so everyone, white elephant is gonna take place in the music. c'mon," as soon as xavier said that everyone was quick to get up. you'd almost laughed at them practically running to the room.

"you think they have something planned babe?" ajax whispered walking over to you helping you get up.

"honestly, i think they do. i mean i couldn't sit next to you and the whole patrick situation," you sighed throwing your hands up.

"are you gonna talk to patrick after break?" the boy was nervous to hear your answer but he needed to know even if his heart was currently thumping.

"what? absolutely not. i'm interested in someone else," you looked down and smiled thinking about the boy standing right next to you. all ajax could hope was that you return those feelings he felt for you.

the walk to the music room was a short walk. when you got to the doorway, you noticed everyone had gotten quiet all of sudden. some staring and some smirking.

"hey ajax and y/n look up," kent pointed up at the door. looking up you both found mistletoe neatly tape.

"it's a christmas tradition. you wouldn't want to break christmas traditions, right?" xavier faked the innocent smile he had. ajax turned to look at you with slightly warm cheeks.

"we don't have to do this sweetheart."

"what if i wanted to?" you gazed at him with a smile. instantly his hands were placed on your cheeks tilting your head more up before locking his lips with yours. finally, after years he's kissing you. the kiss becomes a little more aggressive as ajax slides one arm around your waist pushing you more into him. you were careful not to mess up his beanie while your heads landed on his face.

"you guys are disgusting. this is unnecessary," wednesday cold voice made you both step away from each other.

"well? are you guys finally together?! we set this whole thing up even down to talking about patrick," enid almost couldn't contain the squeal that came out of her mouth.

"oh so that's what was going on?"

"yeah ajax, we knew it would make you jealous. got sick of seeing you guys act like a couple but saying you were just friends. so.. now what?" xavier asked his best friend hoping this plan the group had changed everything for the better.

ajax takes one glance at you and tighten the hold on your waist, "i'd say she's officially my girl now."

"yup, this sweet boy is officially mine," you bring a hand to cover the little laugh you let out. you then guided the two of you to the floor where your friends were sitting in a circle and sat down in between his legs.

"okay let's start the game!"