92. Enid Sinclair | Glad

Tumblr : seiksyyki

🖇️ word count; 612

🖇️ summary; you decide to confess your feelings for Enid.

🖇️ warnings; female reader, friends to lovers, kissing, gayness ?? Not proofread, please tell me if I made any mistakes/spelt things wrong!!!

*

you were in deep shit. catching feelings for your best friend was never advised, but apparently inevitable in your case. early on you had told yourself that it was just because Enid was attractive, that it wasn't a crush, and that you'd get over it soon enough. but here you were a year in, still lying to yourself and her. one of the many issues about your predicament was that you weren't even sure if Enid was into women, you'd never seen her show an interest in girls before let alone you. you supposed you could ask Wednesday about it, after all, they were roommates, but you very much doubted that she would have picked up on something like that. romance wasn't exactly her forte. the options on what to do were limited, you could tell her about how you felt and she'd reciprocate your interest or tell you that the feelings weren't mutual and probably drop you for it. if the latter were to happen you were only praying she would still want to be friends.

your train of thought was abruptly put to a stop when Enid collapsed onto her bed beside you, rambling about something or other you didn't hear the start of because your mind was plagued with other problems. "Enid," she halted her words and turned her head towards you, your eyes already glassy with the thought of her disliking you because of what you were about to admit. ", i need to tell you something" the blonde's eyes lit up, a big smile adorning her gracious features. "did you find my blueberry lip balm?! oh my god, it's been so long sinc-" she was about to go on another rambling spree so you promptly shook your head, grateful when she stopped again to let you speak. "no, it's- it's something else" your tone was quivery and held a hint of anxiety with some hope that she somehow might feel the same. "i really really like you, Enid. i've been crushing on you since you first showed me around here, and it's fine if you don't feel the same, i just wanted to tell you." you stared up at her colourful ceiling, too afraid to face the girl due to her lack of response or movement. squeezing your eyes shut you just hoped for the best to come of this impulsive decision. "y/n?" hesitantly, you turned your head so you could look at her, pushing out an answer of 'yes' in a breathy manner when you noticed how your noses almost touched. the panic you felt in the moment was real, keeping eye contact with a girl you just confessed to while desperately trying not to look at her lips. fortunately you didn't have to think about it when suddenly you couldn't tell if it was her that was moving closer or you, but either way you let your eyes flutter closed as your lips pressed into eachother's. you moved your lips painstakingly, trying but nevertheless failing to hide how desperate you'd been for this. her lips were warm and soft, tasting like coconut due to her lip balm. tangling your hands in her silky hair you couldn't help but smile when she moved to grip your waist, mewling quietly when she scraped her teeth against your bottom lip. she began pressing against you with more vigor now, the affection making you dizzy with butterflies. you forced yourself to pull away for a breath of air, peeling open your eyes only to be met with a flushed and giddy Enid. "i really like you too" she murmured, moving closer to wrap her arms around you. "i'm glad"