103. Tyler Galpin | A Taste of You

Start from the beginning

You sat in front of Tyler to see what part of your scrapbook he was looking at. "Oh that's when me and my family travelled to Transylvania."

Tyler kept turning the pages and listening closely to everything that you told him about your travels, your family, your friends. He also asked you a lot of question only so you could keep talking. Until he got to the page where you glued a sugar sachet from the Weathervane cafe and a piece of a napkin with the name of the cafe. You wrote the date and a "T" in the corner of the page. The letter was small, barely visible, but Tyler was quick to notice and couldn't help but smile while looking at the page.

"It is from the first day I went to Jericho." You tried to explain. It was obvious that he noticed that that page was his.

Tyler nodded. The smirk remained on his lips as you tried to justify yourself. "That's all that happened that day?"

"That's all I remember." You teased him.

"Oh, that's all you remember?" Tyler asked, closing your scrapbook while subtly leaning towards you. You nodded, swallowing nervously for having him so close.

Your breaths mixed, just like the day of the dance, but this time Tyler was not going to back off. Duringt those seconds of silence Tyler's eyes took their time to stare at your lips, and then his eyes tried to meet yours but your eyes were focused on his lips. So pink and cute. Tyler's scent took over your entire body, and that was the hardest exercise of self-control you had ever had to make. Your gums hurt from holding your fangs, you were trying so hard to not let them out and ruin the moment.

"Y/n?"

You hummed, letting him know that he got your attention.

"Can I kiss you?"

You nodded to his question, closing your eyes, and inhaling Tyler's scent. He licked his lips before he leaned towards you and connected his lips with yours. He did it carefuly. Tyler's lips were soft and warm, and they moved smoothly with yours. You let out a sigh against his lips, and what you tried to prevent, inevitably happened. Your fangs came out when you were sucking on his lower lip and your sharp teeth sunk into his skin. Immediately after, he hissed and broke the kiss, bringing his fingers to his lip, and discovering the blood coming out of them.

"Tyler, I'm so sorry." You were beyond embarrassed. Not only did you hurt him but now the smell of his blood was making your irises turn into an intense red. Your eyes were locked on the blood running down his fingertips, and the beautiful red color of it, feeling your fangs grow bigger and your throat go dry. You looked away as soon as you realized how creepy that was probably being. "I'll go and get you some paper."

"No. It's– It's okay. Look, I'm fine. Nothing happened." He quickly licked the blood off his lips, not giving it much importance so you wouldn't give it either and as if he had not realized the reaction that what just happened had had on you, he kissed you again.

Your eyes opened wide while Tyler kissed you. His mouth tasted like blood. But not any blood. His blood. And it was as sweet as you imagined it to be. The little wounds on his lower lip were still bleeding a little bit, the blood coming out of them going directly into your mouth and making you tense your back. Tyler thought that you were just nervous so he moved one of his hands to cup one of your cheeks in an attempt to reassure you. You shouldn't be enjoying this, but you would be lying if you said you had never imagined what this moment would feel like. The warmth of his touch made you come back to reality and realize that you weren't kissing him back. You closed your eyes and your hand went to the back of his head to deepen the kiss.

Your lips focused on his lower one which Tyler appeared to enjoy because of the way, he hummed against your mouth. Your hand was deep inside the curls at the back of his head, pulling him closer if possible, and both of his hands were on your cheeks.

"Ew." Wednesday said. "I'd rather have needles under my fingernails for the rest of my painful existence than have to watch this again."

"Oh, come on..." Enid nudged Wednesday. "You guys are so cute!"

By the time your friends interrupted you two, you made sure that no sign of blood was left on his lips or yours. Your two friends entered your shared dorm and approached you and Tyler to explain what they had found out. You got up from your bed and let them know that you needed to use the bathroom.

Even though your cheeks were cold, you had that human sensation of them burning after your kiss with Tyler. Looking at yourself in the mirror, you noticed the bloodstain on your cheek. When Tyler cupped your cheeks, he still had blood on his fingers after wiping it from his lips and now it was all over your cheek. You knew it was bad, you knew that you shouldn't do it, but you couldn't waste such a delicacy. You licked the tip of your thumb and ran it over your cheek, collecting his blood and then you sucked on your finger.

You loved everything about Tyler.