Chapter 9

Chapter 9 A side dish

    The incident encountered on the road was quickly forgotten by the group, and they rode back to the imperial city. Just as Jiang Hengyun handed over the whip and reins to the servant, Jiang Lang greeted him out of the palace gate.

    Seeing Jiang Hengyun's face, Jiang Lang knew that the matter was not successful, so he couldn't help asking, "Brother Hengyun, what kind of person are you looking for?

    " The serving lady, today I went to meet the little official of Guanglu Temple who was dispatched to buy it." He counted it with his fingers, leaned forward curiously, and said in a low voice, "Just tell me! Both eyes are fixed on you, His Royal Highness, and if I continue to search, my father will ask me if something happened."

    Jiang Hengyun's eyes stopped on him, until Jiang Lang looked away uncomfortably, and then said, "He It doesn't matter in itself, it's just that I'm short of a culinary officer. If uncle asks, just tell     me." "If you don't want to say it, don't coax me like this. If there is a real lack of an official, you can do it at the threshold of the East Palace on the day the news is released." Was trampled flat." Jiang Lang showed a toothache expression, and said wronged, "You might as well not talk about it, I want to know more. These people have men, women, and eunuchs, and there is a big difference in age. They took office two days ago, and they didn’t even have anything in common, as if they didn’t know what to look for and caught them randomly.” “     That’s true.” Jiang Hengyun nodded in agreement, and the servant who had been waiting in the palace stepped forward to hand over the wooden box in due course. Open the lid, the smell of sour vinegar in the box has dissipated, and the inside is still empty.     Jiang Lang was confused by his vague answer, so he simply started another topic, "I haven't seen you take out this box left by your mother for many years, why do you suddenly have to read it every day recently? People say that there is something in the book. The golden house, could it be that there is Yan Ruyu in the box?"     Jiang Hengyun snapped the wooden box shut, and said in a low voice, "You should go."     Jiang Lang's face collapsed, and he sighed, "It's so ruthless, if I knew it earlier, I wouldn't Waiting for you, I might as well play chess with Sister Fei."     "Alang."     Jiang Lang tightened his back, "Don't rush, don't rush, I'm leaving now."

    The turmoil in the East Palace was hidden under the calmness. On the Zhuangzi in the suburbs of Beijing, Si Li faced the storm from Steward Wang with a helpless smile.

    "Miss! Treat yourself to something! This fire is burning, if you get scalded, can you still have your delicate skin and tender flesh! Stop the servants from working, but rush in by yourself, tell me what you are !" Steward Wang was so angry that he could barely breathe.

    Si Li could hear the concern in her words, she lowered her head and didn't refute. This time the accident was caused by oil splashing from the wet water in the pot, and she was not proficient in controlling the firepower of the earthen stove, so the system judged that her personal safety was affected by causing a big fire in the pot. Seeing the way the system made a big fuss, it was obvious that no one would let her have an accident.     In the end, the fire in the small kitchen only burned for less than a quarter of an hour, and it was still far away from a real fire that endangered life and safety. When she remembered to extinguish the flames with the method of isolating the air, there were only a few embers of sparks and black smoke left in the small kitchen. After taking inventory, nothing was burned, but it seemed that there were scorched black marks everywhere, which was very scary, as if a catastrophe had happened .     Seeing that Si Li didn't speak for a while, Wang Guanshi tapped her forehead a few times, both annoyed and distressed, "Now I know I'm afraid? I just said to change the yard earlier, let's settle it today. Qiushuiyuan and Lingtaoyuan are both The one near the gate and the big kitchen is also clean, let me go and see which one you like, let someone clean it up and you can move in today." Si Li nodded in agreement,     let Xiaoque and Qingyu pack up in the small courtyard, followed Steward Wang went to see the two yards. It can be seen that the two courtyards that Steward Wang selected have put a lot of thought into them. Although they are not as large and quiet as the previous courtyards, they are indeed much closer to the gate.     "Let's just listen to Taoyuan." It didn't take long for Si Li to settle down. The conditions of the two courtyards are similar, but there is a peach tree in front of the entrance of the Taoyuan, and the kitchen in the courtyard is much larger than the other, which is very pleasant.     Steward Wang said seriously, "Miss has made a decision, so I won't say anything else. But in the future, if you want to study vegetarian dishes or make some side fires, you must have someone by your side, so that you don't regret anything if something happens." She wanted to remind The eldest lady is so delicate, why bother to do these things. But after thinking about it, since the madam no longer intends to let the young lady return to the capital, and she has to live in this village, it is better not to let the young lady understand these things.