³.09

<narrators pov>

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Angie you don't have to go if you don't want to" Ava had grown to be more paranoid as the days went by there was a lot going on in the town and she continued to believe it was the witches.

Derek tried to convince her it wasn't and that it was Deucalion and his pack but it wasn't and he knew that as well but they also had no way of knowing it was the witches. They were in a weird place. They wanted to figure out what it was but they feared if they did it was going to be worse.

Angie was scared as well but she tried to hide it in front of her mom. Ava's biggest fear was so close to coming true and it scared her to death.

"Mom I can live locked up for the rest of my life. I do more harm disappearing from the world than going out there and living my life like I'm hiding something" Angie replied entering their room.

She was hoping to make it past it so her mom wouldn't stop her like she did everyday but it was impossible.

"There was another murder last night angie..."

"And it has nothing to do with me mom. You need to stop that. I'm going to be just fine, you'll go to work and I'll be at school and we will be fine" it was routine now for the girl.

Everyday she walked past her room she would stop her and everyday Angie convinced her she would be fine.

"Fine just please be careful and if anything happens and I mean anything call me or Derek okay?" Ava said while approaching the girl and brought her into her hold.

This was also part of the routine Ava had to hug Angie for at least two minutes or more. It depended on how much time Angie had before she was late to school.

"Mom you're squishing me" Angie whined and Ava finally let go of her which the young girl took advantage to run out. "Bye! Love you!" She shouted out as she walked out the building.

Ava just sighed and turned, feeling Derek's presence behind her. "I know I'm hovering again"

"You need to let her out, she's right she can't just be locked here forever and we can't run. Scott is there and so is Isaac she's fine I promise you Ava so go to work everything will be fine" Derek got closer to her placing his hands on her head bringing her into place a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm just scared that every time she walks out that door she won't make it back..." Ava admitted and placed her hands on his arms.

"You can't do that, you can't live that way, it's not living, it'll only eat you alive..." Ava only frowned at his words and he brought her into his hold. "We can't live in fear forever"