prologue.

<Angie's pov>

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The damn rigged town of beacon hills I would be lying if I said that at some point I didn't hate it. I've always hated it, maybe not always and before you tell me I'm indecisive I know just hear me out.

There was a time where everything was alright with the town when I used to live with my dad and mom here and I had my friends and everything was fine until it wasn't.

Well I guess nothing was ever fine now that I think about it and look back. It was just all a made up lie. That's what my life was a complete total lie.

You must be wondering why all the bitterness and if being honest I don't know either I guess I'm just a bitter person. My mom says I get my temper from my dad but my dads isn't as bad as mine.

Sometimes I think she just blames everything on him when in reality I'm sure I get my temper from her but like I said she'll always find a way to make him the bad guy.

It wasn't always like this like I mentioned before. There was a time where the three of us lived in this town and we were happy at least I thought until we moved to New Orleans since we have family there.

I never knew why until little by little the lies started to get revealed and brought to light and suddenly I hated my life or maybe I just hated the truth.

I didn't hate Beacon Hills. I just liked life more in New Orleans but then my parents finally broke and decided to split.

Maybe my mom didn't have another argument with her or something really bad went down between them I have no idea. I'm stuck in the lies, remember?

All I know is my mom decided to pack her bags, throw me in the car and drive off.

For most of the ride it was just me yelling at her and demanding to know why we had to leave or what happened for her to want to leave but she didn't tell me and I eventually just gave up.

I want to think that me and my mom have a good relationship but we don't half of the time we're arguing and I know it's a typical teenage thing to go through but sometimes I think that we would get along if she didn't lie so much.

It gets to a point where she gets lost in her own lies and it's annoying.

Annoying to the point where I just decide not to speak to her because I know it'll end in an argument and that's exactly what happened for the rest of the ride.

I decided to rely on silence instead of trying to find out why we had to leave. I didn't want to receive a lecture from her that had to do nothing with the topic or even worse a lie.