8.

<Angie's pov>

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"We're going to be late!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs to my mom who as always was late maybe because she was annoyed at the fact she had to show up to the conference but I didn't really care.

"I'm going!" She walked down the stairs without her scrubs, something I hadn't seen.

"You know showing your chest won't give me a higher grade right?" I commented and she just glared at me and walked past.

"Angelina you're already wasting my time with having to show up to this please don't make it more miserable" her hand rested on the table in the entrance of the house while she grabbed the keys "Why can't you just wait here?"

"And miss your very annoyed and miserable face while you're there?" I walked up next to her to walk out the door. "Never"

"I don't understand why you're doing this in the first place I get it you're trying to show out but why your grades? You care too much angie" I paused before I could enter the car.

Why did I choose something I care about?

I just shrugged and didn't say another word while on the ride there.

I just didn't want to converse with her. My mom had done many cruel things to get me mad or punish me but getting a divorce was probably the worst thing she could've done to me and I couldn't forgive her for it.

She kept telling me that eventually I would understand but why couldn't I understand now why couldn't she just tell me what was going on.

Why did she always have to lie?

I was tired of the lies but lies probably summed up my whole life.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

After the most awkward car ride we finally arrived at school and I had already spotted Lydia there alone and I immediately got out of the car with my mom but instead I was heading Lydia's direction.

"You're not going with me?" My mom asked and I just nodded and kept walking until I reached Lydia who smiled at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and she just nodded folding her arms.

"Allison isn't here she said she would be here" she replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Right but you won't meet up with me" if I was being honest I was kinda hurt about the whole friendship Lydia had going on with Allison but then again it was my fault too.

"Oh don't be like that I knew you were going to be grounded after what you pulled off but if you're not we have to go shopping for winter formal" she mentioned and I had forgotten all about it I had no idea who I was going to go with.