"I didn't want to upset you yesterday y/n, I just wasn't thinking and I guess I was so angry about what happened to you I lost sight of everything else" Neteyam says.

"Neteyam you told me you don't want me to feel how you felt when I left, then you did exactly what I asked you not to do" I say with watery eyes.

"I know and I mean it when I say i'm sorry, the last thing I ever want to do is upset you and I will make you a new promise now that I will never hurt you again" he pleads and holds my hands while looking into my eyes.

"I hope you keep that promise" I say and squeeze his hands back.

He nods and pulls me in for a hug, I accept and hug him back. Eywa it feels good to be back in his arms.

He pulls away and says "I packed all your favourite snacks for us to eat and do our favourite thing, star gaze"

"That's very sweet Neteyam, thank you" I say with a huge smile on my face.

We spend a while munching on the snack he bought and watch the sky change to different colours, orange, pink, purple, blue, then it darkens.

Were lying down and il laying on his chest then "Y/n?" Neteyam breaks the comfortable silence.

"Yeah?" I reply and look up at him.

"You mean so much to me you know, you've had my heart since I got here, its been you and no-one else" he says.

I smile and kiss him.

"You mean so much to me too" I smile.

"Y/n, I love you" Neteyam says.

My smile widens, we haven't said it since that dreadful day and I was worried he just said it in the moment.

"I love you too Neteyam" I reply.

He smiles the widest smile I've ever seen him do and he leans in for a kiss. I kiss him back and our lips move in sync.

The kiss deepens and my hands begin to explore the contours of his body, the world round us goes dark and I break the kiss to look round. Eclipse. Our body marks glow in the dark and I say "Did you plan this?"

He smiles and I laugh "You are full of surprises Neteyam Sully"

"Anything for you" he says and flips me onto my back, he's above me now and looking down at me, he moves strands of hair from my face then cups my cheek and kisses me again. I kiss him back and wrap my arms round his neck pulling him closer. My hands creep up to his head and I run my fingers through his braids. His hand explores my body and caresses my waist. I roll us over and lay on top of him.

I continue to kiss him and I use my free hand to feel every muscle on his body. Oh my eywa. He sits up and I wrap my legs round his waist. His hands are squeezing my waist and he slowly lowers them to my ass pulling me closer. I can feel him stiffen against me and it makes me gasp. His tongue enters my mouth and they dance in sync with each other.

"Be mine y/n" Neteyam says pulling away from the kiss and looking into my eyes and cups his hands to my cheeks.

"You could have anyone" I say looking away.

"I could" he says.

"Ciyara is the best swimmer" I say.

"I don't want Ciyara" he says.

"I want you" he says and pulls my face to look at him.

"I want you too" I smile and continue to kiss him.

It deepens again and after a few minutes I pull away.

I turn and grab my tsaheylu.

Neteyam does the same and we look at each other.

"Are you sure?" Neteyam says carefully.

"I love you" I say nodding.

"I love you too" he says and kisses me.

We slowly connect our tsaheylus and a jolt of emotions and pleasure runs through me. I can feel him, his emotion, his memories, his life. I gasp and look at him, the love I feel for him intensifies. He opens his eyes and we both lean in to kiss with smiles on our faces.

The kiss deepens and we get intimate again. It's a night full of passion and I can't get enough of him.

After we mate we lay down on the blanket and cuddle again, we watch the night sky full of stars and I say with heavy eyes "We are mated for life ma Neteyam"

"I'll love and protect you forever y/n" he says and kiss my head.

Everything goes black and I fall asleep.