Chapter 51

Because Julian had hit the boy with a case, Mujika was ordered to school the next morning. Julian just went into the class and noticed the girl with the glasses sitting there like every day. As soon as he saw her, he remembered what Ralph had said the day before. He just shook his head to shake those thoughts away and sat down in the same place as always. Only this time she did not dignify him with a glance. He didn't want to admit it, but he didn't like being ignored by her, even if he pretended not to care. That day, the teacher planned to divide them into groups. To his great luck, he got into the group with the girl and the boy he had hit with the case the day before.

The boy crossed his arms and looked at them annoyed: "Do the work. And make an effort, I don't want to get a bad grade. "

"If you don't participate, we'll say we did it without you," Julian replied seriously. "You can present, and I'll do the work. . . " the girl muttered coldly. Julian was becoming more preoccupied than he thought about how she was suddenly behaving like this to him. "Don't compare me to that idiot! Of course I help work," Julian answered. She looked up and they both took out their books.

"Just do it quickly and well, I don't want to get a bad grade because of you," the boy muttered annoyed, and Julian looked at him irritably. "If you don't shut up, I'll complete the work on your face," he replied. "Stop being so aggressive, it won't help," she complained. It was the first time he met her as not so calm, reserved, shy and nice. He lowered his head and continued to work quietly. The boy noticed his behaviour: "So cute! Does the angry puppy obey its owner so blindly? It looks like he was well trained! Where's your leash? I'm not seeing...", the boy laughed low. Julian didn't look at him and just clenched his fists.

"Julian... do you still have the notes I gave you?", the girl asked looking at him.

"Do you want it back?", he asked without giving her a look.

"No... I just need your help... I forgot what I wrote... And I... lost my own...", she murmured. The boy laughed at this and suddenly Julian had the feeling the boy had something to do with that.

"It's at my house, after class you can go there to pick it up, but what part do you need to remember?", Julian answered and he noticed the girl crouching down under the watch of the boy in their group. It was almost like he was warning her to not tell too much about what happened to her notes.

"The theme on the backside, what was it about...?", she asked quietly.

"It was about the difference between poems and poetry...", Julian answered.

"Right...", she tried to write it down, but her hand kept on shaking so she hid it under the table. "If you do nothing the teacher will notice...", she slowly said over to the boy.

"Just finishes the job and stop fill my patience, damn nerd!", the boy answered her annoyed.

Unconsciously, Julian tugged at the boy's shirt collar and pulled hard, making him hit the head on the table and making a loud noise that caught the attention of the whole room.

"Julian! Get out of the room right now! Wait for me in front of the principal's office!", the teacher spoke angry. "It's already the second time!!"
"Miss it's not his fault! He just tried to defend me!", the girl complained.
"Melinda, sit back down. I don't accept violence in my class", the teacher answered.

Before leaving Julian spoke in a threatening tone to the boy: "I already told you not to talk to her like that, you worm..."

Then he left the room quietly with his hands in his pockets.

"I'll be right back!", the teacher said and followed Julian.

"He's crazy thinking he can go on with this", the boy murmured quietly.