Chapter 37

Eliot arrived in front of the door of his parents, holding the bags in the one hand and Izumi in the other arm. He put the bags down and rang the bell. His mother opened the doors right after.

"Come in son!", she said smiling and he looked at her mum hugging her with one arm while tears ran down his face.

"Mum...", he sobbed softly.

"Son, what happened? Come on... don't stay in the door, come in", she led him inside and closed the door.

He laid the sleeping baby down sat on the couch staring at the floor while the tears kept on streaming. "Eliot... what happened?", she took his hand worriedly.

"I never told you what happened those three years and why we were kidnapped right...?", his voice wasn't more than a whisper.

"No... We didn't dare to ask...", she held his hand tighter, and his father entered. "Eliot? What happened?", he looked confused.

"Sh... come here...", she pointed at the other side of the sofa next to Eliot.

"So... do you want to know it now...?", Eliot asked slowly.

They nodded feeling their throat getting dry.

It took him a while to tell the whole story. At the part why he couldn't get to Mujika it took him the most time to explain. But his parents listened to him with patience.

"I'm so sorry for that...", his mother whispered and hugged him.

"Is there any way to resolve this?", his father asked.

"There has to be... I am good at chemistry and labs. I can do this and find out what I can do with our blood to turn the reactions off".

"What are you going to do if it doesn't work?", his father asked worriedly.

"I will find a way. But for this I need your help..."

"How can we help you?", his father asked ready to do everything to make his son smile again.

"I think I have to do some tests to find something like a vaccine... in this time I would need help in taking care of Izumi... Not the whole time, but during I work...", he looked at them hopefully. "It will be over faster if you would help me!"

"You can count on us! We take care of him!", his mother smiled even happy about this question.

"Let's fix this together, so that the three of you will be together again soon!", his father smiled too.

"Thank you! You are the best!", he tried a weak smile and hugged them.

"Everything will be fine, no need to worry!", his father said hugging him back.

"So... I need to buy a few things... could you take care of Izumi already? He is sleeping by now, so I might be already back before he wakes up!", he looked like he wanted to find the solution already today.

"But you must be really tired! It's late and today was a long day for you!", his mother looked worriedly at him.

"But I have to go quickly before the stores are closed!", he looked at them begging.

"Son, it's late, you can go tomorrow! You better eat something and rest!", his father answered strictly.

Eliot looked nervously: "But Mujika is waiting that I hurry right? I don't want to

leave her alone that long..."

"If she would be here, she would tell you the same thing we just told you. Isn't it like this?", his mother lifted her eyebrows.