Chapter 11

The day passed and she didn't show up anymore, maybe she had given up. The next day, when he woke up and looked to the side it gave him a fright to see the girl lying next to him.
“M-Mujika...!?”, Isamu remarked in shock. “Mujika!! I told you not to come here...!”
“I don't have another place...”, she yawned and kept her eyes closed, turned to him, and leaned her head against his chest, hugging him, as if he would be a plushie.
Some red stains of embarrassment appeared on his neck: “M-Mujika!! I told you... that you can't be here! It's too dangerous!!!”
“The Doctors won't come here... the cameras are broken again! I put it in an infinite loop, it will take a while to be realized...” she said calmly as she snuggled into his arms.
“How did you…?”, this time he pulled her a little tighter hugging her as she snuggled up to him smiling.
“Don’t run away from me... like Eliot... okay…?”
“I won't run away... I promise...”
She opened her eyes looking at him for a while touching his mask with her hand gently.
“Thank you for taking care of me…”, she murmured quietly.
“Of course…”
“Isamu... there are some people who think that if they would kill you, they could escape... I just wanted to say that I will not let this happen, even if it costs my life!”
“Don't say something like that... I will protect you... no matter what will happen…”
The girl suddenly turned around and glanced at the machine with the red liquid. “I have a question... what happens when someone gets close to that machine...?”, she asked.
“I don't know... I just know... that I have to... protect it with my life... I think that's the machine which controls me... but... I already tried to destroy it... I got crazy... I don't know what I had done on this day... but after that... I had a big scar on my left eye, and everyone feared me...”, he pointed at his mask where the eye was.
“So ... if I destroy this ... are you free?”, she asked turning to him again.
“If you would try to destroy it, I don't know what I will do...”
“I could fight you. I destroy this machine and we both get out of here together! It seems like a good plan to me!”, she smiled hopefully.
“It's too dangerous to fight me... Like I said... I killed people...”
“But you wouldn’t hurt me!”
“Mujika… I don’t know who I would hurt… I am not myself when this machine controls me! There is no guarantee that I wouldn’t kill you. And if that happens, I could never forgive myself that…”, he shook his head.
“But it's the only way to get away...”
“Mujika... I would prefer... if you forget the thought to destroy this machine... I... will try to find another way... okay?”
“Let's do it like this, I will continue with my plan, in the meantime you will try to find another way, if you find another way to escape before I carry out my plan, okay, on the contrary, I'm going to break the machine, okay?”, she said smiling.
“Be careful...”, he held her tightly. “Why didn't you try to... forget Elliot...?”
“I want to... but it is very difficult… I always end up remembering the fact that I didn't have time with him...”, Mujika answered.
Isamu stared up.
“Don’t forget him…”, he suddenly said.
“Why?”, she asked confused.
“So, if something happens to me... I have the hope, that you won’t forget me either…”
“Of course not! But nothing will happen to you, okay?”
“I already said that I won't leave you...”, his hand touched his mask, but he quickly let it sink down again.
“Sorry... I...”, he could hear footsteps again. “I think they noticed again”.
“Can I hide in the cabinet?”, Mujika started to get up slowly.
“Maybe you should hide somewhere I don’t know…”, he answered shaking his head. “I will close my eyes and you will hide so I can’t hurt you…” He closed his eyes.
She started running around the place, it didn't seem to have a good place at all, until she noticed that the bookshelves were very deep and there was a space behind the books. She entered through an empty space and crawled behind the books, remaining there motionless.
A short time after, the doctors came in again.
“Isamu...!?”, the doctor walked over to him looking angrier this time. “Did you manipulate the cameras!?”
Isamu was laying on the floor again. His heartbeat felt faster than the beat of a rock song and his eyes were cold like ice.
“Hey! Wake up! Now!”
“Huh? What's wrong...?”, Isamu sat up slowly.
“The cameras, did you manipulate them!?”, he was increasingly irritated by the situation.
“I was asleep until now... what do you mean...?”
“It must have been that girl...”, he looked at Isamu and smiled wickedly.
“Let me tell you the news, due to her actions... we decided that as soon as she is found we will extract all the blood from her body, consequently she will die, but we only need the blood, so it doesn't matter! That bitch will pay for what she did, great, right?”, he grinned at him.