Chapter 36

She looked at him with tears in her eyes and shook her head, laying his phone away. "Wait Elle, it's not what it seems... believe me!", he took a step towards her, but she quickly got up.

"Not what it seems!!? You took advantage of me! And I got involved in it too! It was clear that you didn't mean it!", she quickly reached for her jacket getting ready to go.

"Please Elle! Let me explain!", he ran and took her arm quickly.

"I never accepted this marriage! There was never a marriage proposal and I hate that girl!"

"Let go of me!! Why didn't you end it then if you don't like her!? You used me!", she tried to hold back her tears as she didn't want him to feel important when she would cry about him now.

He ignored what she said and hugged her tightly: "Elle, you are the only one I love! Don't leave me, please! I don't know that girl, I never agreed to marry her!! I'd rather die than be forced to marry that spoiled brat!", his eyes were full of tears.

"I love you more than anything! Please believe me!"

"Why didn't you tell me?", she screamed now also in tears but stopped fighting.

"I was going to tell you, as soon as I had a chance... but I was afraid that you would get angry and leave me...", he wiped her tears with the sleeve of his shirt.

"No! Now I'm angry! I slept with you thinking that you are single!", she shouted but hugged him tighter.

"I am single!! That was my parents' invention, it's just a marriage arranged out of

interest, at no point in my life did I accept that!", he held her tightly.

"I love you! And I am more than willing to face my parents so that I can be with you forever! You are the only person I would accept as my wife!"

"You know me since just one day...", she wheeped.

"That doesn't change my love to you...!"

She looked at him in silence and then buried her face in his chest.

"I'm going to end all these antics now, okay?", he asked with a shaking voice, still scared she could run away at any second, but she just nodded. He grabbed his phone and called his mother.

"Nick! Finally, you call me!", the voice of his mother appeared at the telephone.

"We need to talk...", he answered, and his mother got confused about the weak crying voice he had.

"Yeah son?", she asked more serious.

"I'm not going tomorrow... nor next week... nor any dinner that you set up with her...", his voice got a little stronger.

"What!? You can't do that! You know she is happy to finally meet you! It is important for the family! You know that!", she spoke a little louder but still controlled.

"But I don't want to meet her, she's just a spoiled brat! Mom, I'm your only son! Do you really want me to marry a girl like her!?"

"What's the problem? It doesn't look like you already found a good alternative!", now she sounded a little annoyed.

"I have a girlfriend, and I have no intention of breaking up with her, I'm not single anymore, so you can tell dad to cancel the wedding!"

His mother was silent for a while and then spoke again: "Let's make a deal"

"I'm listening...?"

"You are going to the dinner... and if you still don't want to marry her after that then we will cancel the wedding", she replied.