Chapter 35

After a while Mikaela woke up searching for the others. When he couldn't find them he heard the silent crying sounds out of the bedroom. He opened the door quickly and found Mujika alone in her bed crying. "Mujika!!! What happened!? Where is Eliot and... Izumi!?", he looked around but then sat on the bed next to her, hugging her. She didn't answer and just kept on crying and sobbing.

"Mujika... what in the world happened...?", he hugged her tighter looking worriedly. He noticed a lot of Eliot's things missing. "Did he...Did he leave you!?"

She tried to answer but just cried again: "H-he ... I ..." Once again, she kept on crying desperately.

"Did he... broke up with you?", he asked softer.

"N-no...", she took a deep breath trying to control her breathing before she could answer. "Nick found out that I was the cause of his heart problem, because of the blood... and the same thing happened to Izumi, so we can't be close to each other...", it hurt even more to say it. It felt like she was the guilt for everything bad that happened to them.

"W-what!? You can't see your own son again!?", Mikaela asked confused with a slight anger in his voice.

"Not personally, and not until we find a way to resolve this...", she replied sadly as she hugged him.

"I'm thinking of going back to mom and dad's house...", Mujika said after a while.

"Are you... sure...?", Mikaela looked at her doubting.

"I think so... I don't know..."

"I will come with you... okay...?", he asked after he thought for a bit.

"Right...", she got up slowly, still with her body shaking and put some things in a bag to take with her.

"Do you have class in the afternoon?", she asked not looking at him.

"Yeah...", he answered.

"I'll pack some things, after you get back from class, we will...", she swallowed lightly.

"Right... I should go now. Are you okay alone or should I stay here and skip class?", he asked still worriedly.

"Yeah... don't worry...", she responded.

"Okay...", he left the house thoughtfully.

With Nick and Elle:

Elle was on the couch, lunch had already passed and Nick was taking a shower to go to the university

Elle was on the couch, lunch had already passed and Nick was taking a shower to go to the university. It took him a few minutes and he showed up with a big coat in his hand.

"So... I'm already going... And you?", he asked, taking on his coat.

"I will wait here until you're back! What did Eliot say...?", she questioned a little worried.

"He asked me to find a way to fix this... I'm going to have to do some more research...", he went over to her and lifted her face slightly, giving her lips a kiss.