Chapter 43

After Max had left Ralph came over to get Charlotte. When Mikaela asked if it would be okay for her if he would go over to Liv's house and she agreed, Mujika went into her room and laid into her bed crying softly. It somehow was too much for her. She just wanted to go back to Eliot and Izumi. When she was able to stop crying, she called Eliot and he answered the call directly.

"Hey cutie! How are you?", he said, and she could hear Izumi making some sounds next to him.

"I'm fine, and you darling?", her heart already warmed up just listening to his voice.

"I have really special news...!", Eliot answered a little worried how she would react.

"Seriously? What kind of news?", she asked curious.

"So... Ralph saw that boy again today, he was looking inside my room so we took him inside with us and... talked with him... I'm pretty sure he doesn't think anymore that Izumi is an evil baby! And how was it with Charlotte?"

"It was fun up to the point when... w-when... Ralph arrived and she left... I wish she would have stayed longer!", she laughed a little forced.

"Anyways... How was it with Ralph?"

"Oh Mujika... I wish I could just visit you... I really miss you... it was good with Ralph... he really helped me! Now I have everything I need for the tests... wait I'll show you!", he switched to a video call.

"Heyyy! It's good to see you again!", he smiled at her.

"Hey baby!!", she smiled but he noticed that something didn't seem right, but he couldn't really tell what it was.

"Look Izumi is sleeping again...", he smiled a little worried focussing the camera on Izumi.

"Oh ... my little baby!!", she felt her heart ache by the wanting to hug them.

"Are you okay?", he looked worried at her again.

"Y-yeah...!", she smiled lightly.

"Mujika... you know that I see when you lie to me right...? Even when it is just a call...", he murmured.

"I'm not lying! I...", a loud knock on the apartment door, loud enough for even Eliot to hear, interrupted her.

"Who is it? Mika?", Eliot asked confused about the aggressive way the knock sounded.

"I don't know... it shouldn't be anyone important, let's just ignore it, what were you going to show me?", she just answered trying to ignore the knock.

"Right... Hm... Look! I got my own little laboratory at home! It's also safe so that there is no danger for Izumi!", he smiled.

"You did that by your own!? You're really a genius! A genius who deserved those gigantic, fully equipped labs!!", she smiled until the knocking on the door became more and more insistent. It seemed as if the one who was knocking had the intention of breaking the door open.

"I will just come in, okay?", it really was Max voice and he also managed to open the door.

"Shit...", she ran and locked the bedroom door, then running to the bedroom's bathroom and locked also the door.

"Sweetie, I think I need to hang up... I'll call you later, okay?", her voice was shaking, and she kept praying in her head that Max would just leave again.

"You need help!? I can come!", he asked worriedly.

"It is not necessary! I mean... I can solve it here!", she didn't even remember that the video call was still on. She was listening to Max holding her ear against the door.