Chapter 10

The girl was silent for a while and then looked at him.
“A little ... maybe ... but I like you more! I don't know... I thought you were dead!”
Eliot slowly got up: “I am dead...”
“Wait... What!? But... Am I dead too!?”, she answered scared.
“No... you are not dead. And I want you to survive so... whatever it costs... survive please...”
“I will survive, I promise!”, she responded with tears in her eyes. The last she was able to see was a slight sad smile on Eliot’s face before she woke up. Her eyes were still full of tears, her face was a little swollen and wet, she got up right away and went into the hall, it would be bad if one of the doctors would find her in the hall, but she didn’t want to stay there alone. Even if they already must have noticed her sleeping in front of the door. After entering, she closed the door and lay down behind one of those big green tubes. Maybe he wouldn’t notice her.
She noticed Isamu laying on the floor. Even during the night, he was wearing the mask. She looked at him for a while then closed her burning eyes again falling asleep again. This time without any dreams.
The next morning when Isamu woke up, he noticed the big door that was a little open. He got up and his eyes swept over the hall, before he noticed Mujika laying behind the tube curled up.
“What...!?”, he whispered shocked.
Isamu quickly ran to the computer systems he had and clicked through the cameras. Now that he knew where the last camera was, he could hack into it as well. His heart racing, he discovered Mujika, who had been sleeping outside his door half the night. He knew it would be the end if the doctors saw it and hoped they hadn't already. He cut the recording and set a continuous loop. It was only a matter of time before the doctors would notice. They didn't know that he had gained access to the cameras through Mari at the time and had now also found the connection to the very last one.
After he finished that he ran to the sleeping girl shaking her hardly. “Mujika! You need to leave!! Quick!”
She woke up startled and looked at him, but her eyes closed again. “Mujika! You need to go... please hurry...!
“Why...?”, she opened her eyes slowly again and sat up stretching her body. “Just go, before they find you here...”, he murmured nervously.
“They...? the doctors...? They won't find me. They don't know I'm here...”, she murmured.
“Yes, they will! I don’t know if they already saw the camera before I stopped the recording!!”
Suddenly her eyes went wet, and she started crying out of nowhere: “I-I have nowhere to go!! My friends d-don't want me around, and the o-others want to k-kill you! And you don't want me here either ... I just want to go home!!”
“I... will try to find a way, but... it's too dangerous for you to stay here...”, he brushed a few hairs out of her face and gently wiped away her tears.
“I want to stay here with you... I already lost Eliot... I don't want to lose you too...” she said and suddenly hugged him very tightly.
His whole body stiffened in the embrace, but after a while she could feel him carefully returning her embrace.
“Mujika... I... I can't stay with you... They said that they would...”, Suddenly an alarm sounded, which meant that a problem had been detected on one of the cameras. The doctors had to be in full swing again. It would only be a matter of time before they noticed that one of the cameras was always filming the same thing.
“You really need to go now!”, he let go of her. “Please... run away from this hall...”
“I know you're mad that I didn't come that day ... I had to do ten exams, eight in the morning and two more when I woke up! That's why I didn't come, sorry...”, she apologized while holding his lab coat trying to stop him from pushing her away.
“I know! And I want to protect you, that something like this won’t happen again! Mujika... you must go now please!!!”, he pushed her away more hardly.
Tears ran down her cheeks again and she just turned and ran out of the hall, the door slammed producing a loud sound. It wasn't long before some doctors arrived in the hall.
“What happened here? I hope you're not breaking our agreement!”, the doctor from before asked with a smirk on his lips.
“N-no! I'm not!!!”
“So, what happened?”, he asked again more seriously.
„I don’t know. Isn’t it your cameras? Maybe you should take better care on it. Sometimes it happens that cameras break”.
“You are kidding with me?”
“No”.
“Be careful what you do Isamu… Be careful…”, the doctor turned around and left with the other doctors.