CHAPTER TWENTY NINE- To feel alive.

The harsh smell of medicine and clinic hit my nostrils as I stepped into the hospital. The air-con hit me fast causing faint goosebumps to rise up my skin and a cold shiver run down my spine as I hugged my arms around myself.

I did not waste time getting to Ming's hospital room. My mind was racing with a million thoughts, but overruled by then all was the hope that she was indeed awake and okay.

I heard her before I could see her face. The light bubbly giggle that escaped her lips probably caused by something Jaime had said to her judging from the tinny smile that tugged up a little at the corner of his lips that he tried to hide.

I let out a heavy breath that I did not even realize i was holding as i watched Ming tackle her grumpy cousin on the tiny mattress, laughing loudly as he tried to tickle his way free from her.

"Awnn..." She mocked between giggles "I'm so proud of you jam-jam Ge! You were scared about something for the first time in your life!" She clapped loudly, her palms smacking together and creating a distracting noise around the room. "That's a record breaker!"

Jaime groaned loudly pulling him self down on the sit beside her bed scowling at her, obviously annoyed by the child hood nickname she referred to him with. "I've told you to stop calling me that! And I wasn't scared!" He looked away.

I smiled faintly at the embarrassed look on Jaime's face. Isabella kept her word. I do not know what she did or how she managed to do it but I was grateful. Ming did not look good at all last night, but now as I watched her silently from the door she looked perfectly fine.... Happy even. The pale look and lines I had seen on her face Last night were completely gone.

She looked so alive, shinning her perfect set of white pearls as she continued to mock her cousin. It stared a warm feeling in my chest but the same time it got me wondering what the price i was going to have to pay in exchange for Ming's life according to my deal with the huntress that she refused to mention to me was before she vanished.

There was something so mysterious about that woman that I wanted to uncover, especially about how she managed to portal us both from that cabin back to this hospital. But I did not think too much about it at the moment and relaxed on the cool atmosphere in the room despite the churning smell of chemicals and medicine and clinic and finally decided to make my presence known.

The sound of the door pushing further open jerked Ming's attention first as she looked up to see me walk into the room.

A wide smile spread across her lips as I took calculated steps into the room a bit uncertain. She did not seem fazed about the fact that I had practically smacked her hard across the face the last time we saw each other, or that she was lying on that bed because of me. It made me smile a little bit too, the uncertainty lifting a little off my shoulders.

"Hey" I did not even have time to settle myself beside her on the bed before she pulled me tight, engulfing me into her warmth.

She smelled like spring and sweat probably from the effects of her cherly spring perfume and the fact that she had not visited the wash room.

"I take it you haven't showered this morning." I said separating myself from her hold.

"Ha! I haven't showered in two days!"

She sent me a pointed look that was concealed by the grin on her lips to prove she did not mean it in any negative way but still I could not help the guilt that twisted down my stomach as I gulped.

"I'm sorry."

Her eyes softened. She pulled my hands in hers and I tried my best to endure the freezing of her Ice cold fingers on mine. "Don't be. It wasn't your fault." It was a light whisper we both shared to block Jaime out of hearing what we were talking about.