CHAPTER TWENTY ONE- Demons' venom

I quickly picked up my hoodie and jeans with panic. Forcing them through my legs i grabbed my phone and rushed out of the room.

"Where are they?" I asked Jaime who looked much more calm than he should.

"Rock hospital." I cursed when I almost lost balance and fell. Jaime quickly helped me up before i could fall and cause more damage to my body. "Maybe you should stay back Deanna, I'll go and take care of everything."

"No. "

I did not have time for that. I did not have time for anything. Lilith said something about Ming when she appeared to me, what it was more than just a vile concussion like Faye had told him over the phone?

I needed to start helping and not hurting, and staying home crying for my friend was not going to help anything or anyone so i had to go. It was non negotiable.

"I'm coming with you Jaime and don't think of arguing with me right now! " I said with a no shit attitude. I had never spoken to him like that before. I hardly ever talk to him but whenever i do it was either about something that had to do with the new ink he had gotten or just being Ming's mummy while he was gone. Even still, he did not seem surprised by my out burst.

"I wasn't going to."

"Good." I said loosening myself from his grip and trying to make my way out of the apartment on my own.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry you?" He asked.

"I'm fine. "

The trip down the elevator was the worst of all. I kept on shaking, imagining all the terrible scenarios that i might have to find when I get there. The thoughts alone where painfully unbearable.

"Just drive." I said to Jaime the moment we stepped outside in the open side walk. The passing breeze had me shivering and holding tightly to my body in what was supposed to be a comforting gesture.

***

By the time we got to the hospital, I thought I was going to collapse from all the pain my body and mind were going through, but that did not stop me from accomplishing my goal.

Jamie trailed right behind me as I pushed open the door to her private room.

The room was empty except for Ming who was lying pale on her back, on the small bed.

My voice got stuck in my throat. I took carful steps closer to her bed and gasped at the sight in front of me.

She laied there with her eyes closed. Her glowing skin looked pale and not like her at all. But most of all, what made me pull my hands to my mouth with a shallow gasp was the ink at the side of her neck.

It was unlike anything i had ever seen before. It was like a patch of black ink, spreading through the veins from her shoulder, slowly creeping up to her neck.

"What the fuck is this?" Jaime cursed from behind me when he stepped closer to see what I was looking at and just at the right moment, the door swung open to reveal a very troubled looking Faye.

She looked at the both of us, her eyes hanging much longer on me, then they drop to my wrists where Jaime's kinky cuffs had been hung earlier on my wrists.

She closed her eyes and sighed deeply before turning around to back the door gently and close the window curtains.

"I want to know what the fuck is happening here right now Fayenelle."