CHAPTER TWENTY SIX- A sweet kind of chill

Just like every other time that we had met, he had on a different type of suit, except this time he did not look quite as organised. The blazer was hanging on one side of his shoulder with one of his hands holding on to it and the other shoved deep into his pants pocket. His white dress shirt was left untucked with the first few buttons at the top flying unhooked which exposed the glow of his skin to the beauty of the moonlight.

I tucked my phone back into my pocket, wrapped my arms around myself to create warmth from the cold and looked back up at him after having my fill of admiring his rough but sexy look, only to watch as his brows crease as he proceeded to walk closer to me.

"Here" he said, spreading his huge blazer around my shoulders as a sweet gesture to shield me from the cold which I was really grateful for.

"Thank you." My voice came out very softly as i watched him watch me with a nod in response to my appreciation.

For a moment he did not take his hands that were still holding the blazer on my shoulders off me, and he just stared at me, as if trying to figure out something and I took that to my advantage. I used that very brief moment to study the depths of his marine eyes.

I swallowed loudly and took a step back, not able to handle the closeness and intensity in which his eyes were boring into mine. The last time we were that close we ended up in a full blown make out session in the middle of this same side walk.

Now we do not want that to repeat itself. And do not get me wrong... It's not that i would not like to be hungrily kissed by him right now, I just think it is much better for us to get to know each other well enough first before moving ahead to do any more sexual behaviours.

Seeming to have snapped out of whatever trance he had been in, Damien retracted his hands and shoved them both into his pocket. The frown he wore on his face only deepened a little more.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Same as you." I was not just about going to tell him all my thrilling events of today which explains why I was standing there right then.

I pulled the tick blazer tighter around myself. It smelled amazing. This harsh tropical mixture of a cologne, I loved it, it made the uneasy feeling in the pit my stomach minimal just a tiny little bit with every breath I took.

"Family?" He asked.

"More like friends, but family should be a better word to describe our relationship."

He nodded slowly, " still that isn't enough reason, you shouldn't be out this late, especially not in this weather."

Trust me... I know. Cold intensifies for me. The weather is always at least fifteen degrees colder for me than it is for any one else.

"It's nice of you to show concern." I said with a genuine smile directed his way.

"Is that okay?" He asked, lifting a brow.

"Is that a stupid question?"

He chuckled softly, " I don't know" he admitted "I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not" a small grin played on his lips. " A lot of women take gestures like that as an insult. Some kind of pity party. I hope you know that isn't what I was opposing."

" I know." I smiled " you're quite the gentleman and I can't say i don't like it."

His brows went further up, and with a step closer to me he spoke, "gentleman?"

"Yes" i responded confidently. I could see the gleam in his eyes, I do not know if they were teasing or searching.

It was quiet for a few seconds, and it was peaceful. The beak of moonlight reflecting on his face was a perfect view, I don't know if i said this before but I this man is gorgeous indeed.