65. "What's going on?"

"Jay I swear I'll kill you now." Freeing her mouth from blowing air into the balloon, Sana asserted firmly. Jay guiltlessely looked up from the screen in his hands and so did Sana with murderous eyes that made him chortle nervously.

"Shaant maate! Itni hyper kyu ho rhi hai?" Closing the tab on his phone, Jay joined her in blowing air by picking up a handful of balloons.

"Are you for real?" Taking a ribbon clan in her grasp, she flipped it in his direction that hit him on his chest.
"Kuch bhi arrangements nahi huye hai abhi tak! And above that, Aditya is still not here and nor the things which he was asked to bring."

"Ok I'm sure he must be on his way-"

"and then there are you playing BGMI on his phone unabashedly."

"I am back people!!" As soon as Aditya made his presence known, he was fixed with two pair of eyes, one stating, 'You're so gone' while the other said, 'Been there'.

"So thankful of you."

"Uh yeah I guess!" Scratching his head, Aditya glanced at his watch and then screamed at once making the other two jump at their places.

"What is it?" Jay enquired just after rolling on the bed and then getting a hold of one of his shoe lying on the other side of the mattress ready to throw at whatever comes into sight while Sana and Aditya looked at him frantically.

"It's nearly 11:30 and he's still not home."
Four individuals that had nothing in common but how life brought them together in a space, making their lives bound with one another in one way or the other. The bond, the secrets, the traits they shared, truly their home it was.

"I'll ring him up." Jay stated before throwing the shoe in his hold right at Aditya.

"Oww- what?"

"Drama!"

"He's not getting it." Dialing his number for the another time, Jay put his phone on his ear.

"Did he had some work tonight?" Putting aside the mess they'd created, Sana peered up at Jay who shaked his head in silent answer.

"It's unusual. He's stopped working late since the time -- you've come here." Jay nodded at Sana. "And I'd rechecked as well his schedule, he'd home by now."

"Now who's the drama?" Aditya interrupted in between sensing the growing tension.
"I'll call him, meanwhile Jay, you call at the office."

"It's not connecting now. Switched off."

"Dropped off from the office nearly one and half hour before."

"He'll come Sana, don't worry." After a moment of self contemplation, Aditya added.
"Maybe he's getting some alone time somewhere." That earned him a snort from the other guy.

"No? Then, um, his car must've broken."

"He would have called in that case asking for a replacement."

"His phone must have been dead too. Remember it's switched off."

"I guess I should go look out-"

"Does he have a gun with him, Jay?" Sana whispered but it was loud enough for the other two to listen.

"He keeps one in his car always so I'm sure--"
He stopped mid sentence when he heard screeching of car tyres from outside.

Recognising the sound of his car, all three of them sighed in relief and smiled at each other.
Just after a moment, they looked around at the mess, looked at one another and all screamed at once and then glared at each other for being too loud as they heard approaching footsteps in the hall downstairs.