36."Fear"

Shehnaaz was moving towards Sidharth with her pistol in her hand.

She could see him fighting with two men who eventually were made fallen on the ground.

Something had caught her eyes that shocked her and then without thinking anything else, she raised her pistol and pointed at Sidharth.

He was also bewildered with her this action. This was truth that there was nothing between them, they were no one to each other but even then, had he expected too much from her?

This was not at all he could ever think of. Her pointing gun at him and killing him.
His eyes were showing the wave of emotions he was feeling.
There was hurt and pain in his eyes but even at that moment when you could be shot any second, there was no fear in his eyes.

Was he not scared for his life? Was this the end of his life? Then what about the revenge he had taken oath to fulfill. He could not be killed so easily.

But right now nothing matter to him.
He could not think of any other thing in this situation. All the things got blurred in front of her.

This pain was something very deep. It hurts. His original self was not in his senses. His hurt had overpowered every other emotion.
He could feel the same pain engulfing him which he had felt when he was away from his parents.
Was it all a lie? It was never true.

Someone was shouting his name, telling him to move from the place but nothing reached his ears.
His eyes and mind both were stucked at only her.

He was still in a daze when shehnaaz pulled the trigger of the pistol and shot two times consecutively.

But the bullets did not hit Sidharth.
They didn't even touched him.
Instead they passed from beside of him and hit a man who was going to shoot Sidharth on his back.

The man was shot on his shoulder and stomach which made him fall the next  moment.
But Sidharth's eyes were even then on her only and she also looked at him feeling his gaze.
The next thing his ears heard was the sound of a bullet shot and his eyes captured was that a bullet hit Shehnaaz on her thigh making her fall on her knees.

"Ahh" a loud wince echoed in their ears that made every single body present there freeze at their spots.

The sound belonged to Shehnaaz.

"Shehnaaz" screaming her name, Sidharth immediately rushed towards her. He could not feel himself breathing at the moment.
His heart beats got faster just with the thought of something happening to her. He could not take anything happening to her.

Sudden restlessness started building inside him and he could feel himself drowning into it. She was crying in pain and her every sob and her groaning in pain was stabbing his heart. He was not at peace seeing her suffering.

Shehnaaz was finding it difficult to stay still.Her whole body was paining and her eyes were getting closed. She was loosing her consciousness and the next second she fell on the ground.

Taking her in his arms, Sidharth cupped her face.
Tears were flowing through her eyes but it pained him.

" Shehnaaz, shehnaaz " patting her cheek softly , he was trying to keep her in senses.
Looking at her pale face, he shifted his gaze from her. It was getting difficult for him to look at her tear soaked face and her swollen eyes.

He pushed her face in his chest and hold her tightly in arms.
He was feeling her tears on his chest as her tears were soaking his shirt.
Everything around him was now worthless. She was in pain and he could feel it.

"Sshh...just bear a little pain. I will not let anything happen to you baby." He tried to sooth her pain while his one hand was continuously rubbing her arm and back.