Spill

Fern's POV

It was early in the morning and today I had off and so did everyone else. I made some green smoothies for everyone. Eleora was in the kitchen helping me. "Don't forget coffee" she said as she took out a cup for herself. I just giggled at her. She was sweet but yet very bossy. That's why she controls everything.

I made everyone protein oats with bananas, blueberries, peanut butter, and even dark chocolate. Ezekiel and Calix came through the door with dead animals. We had to suck their blood for some nutrients. It's technically what vampires live off of.

We all gathered around and ate as a huge family. "We are getting married tomorrow" said Daisy and Dean as they walked down the stairs. We all cheered since they were the last ones at the table. "Is everything ready for tomorrow" asked Dean.

"I'm finishing up my wedding dress" said Daisy. She was making her dress homemade just like she did our wedding dresses. "Flower arrangements are good" I said as I put everything on the table so we can all dig in. "I want to see" said Semira.

"We all will" said Calix. They both quickly went for the rabbit to drink its blood. "There is another one you two" said Rhys. Neoma was laughing at the both of them as Rhys gave them another rabbit to drink from so they wouldn't have to share.

"Mine" called Neoma as she grabbed a heart. "Come on you got the best part" complained Ezekiel. We all laughed enjoying ourselves. "Everyone is coming tonight" said Alieen. "The guest list has been filled" announced Talon happily. "Yay" said Daisy.

"Good now anything else" said Dean aloud. He was really controlling about everything being perfect. He doesn't even know the colors we had prepared for them. It's supposed to be a January wedding. Alieen and Talon's wedding was during April.

Me and Rhys have to celebrate our birthdays which are on different dates our wedding anniversary and the kids birthdays. So March and February are busy. It's just naturally the best time of the year for me and Rhys. The month we got married and had our kids. I thought it's so cute for us to celebrate it.

"Wedding time" said Daisy excitedly. Once we finished eating everyone went to finish up what we were doing for the wedding. I fixed a few flower arrangements. Neoma got the invitations. Eleora was making the wedding cake. Daisy was finishing up her dress. Alieen checked on the guests.

Calix and Semira were playing the guitars up stairs. The guys checked the venue and how much longer the suits would take them. As everything was officially ready it was already time for lunch. Eleora and me we're making the food again.

We both made a vegan chicken wrap with tahini Caesar dressing and cucumbers. Since we we're all stressing about the wedding me and Eleora made PB&J bagels with bananas. It was to help us all stay focused on the task at hand.

We all needed a good break. Everything was just swirling around us so we can get things done faster. Dean wasn't much help. They wanted to also wait for their engagement and the wedding date. We all thought that this was the perfect time.

It honestly kept myself from thinking about putting my mom down. It sounded as if she was a dog in the shelter. I couldn't bare to have her suffer until death. That's why I think it is best to get it over after tomorrow. The wedding will keep me distracted.

There is still so much to do. I have made all the flower arrangements for the chairs, tables, and ceilings. I have a few more for decorations if needed. I made extra in case some have died along the way. I probably made five hundred flowers and I just need to get nine hundred done.

All the arrangements are going to look beautiful. I wish we had more time but it was finally here. The wedding was tomorrow so there is nothing else we can do right now. Only if we planned ahead. We did by a year and there was still so much to get done.

After we had lunch we talked about what we have to do or remember what to say. I hardly remember this part but it's because it's a traditional vampire wedding so I had to learn a lot of what to say and do. I never thought that all this traditional stuff was hard. I don't even remember what I have to do.

We cleaned everything up and made dinner. Of course it was spaghetti Al pomodoro with vegan sausage, mushrooms, and spinach. As I was cooking Rhys came to the kitchen behind me. I was stirring the spaghetti with a spoon as Eleora chopped up everything with a knife.

Rhys came slowly behind me and pulled me from the waist as I was leaned up against him. I couldn't help but smile. Rhys turned me around in his arms. He even put the spaghetti on the right temperature. I put my arms behind his neck. He was so dreamy.

As we were in each other's arms it just felt like peace. It was quiet and enjoyable as we stood in the kitchen. Eleora left to give us some privacy. Rhys's eyes met mine. I feel so bad because he will never know how much I care about him.

Just from me looking at him makes me feel at home. He feels more like home than any house has felt like. Me and Rhys talking to each other makes me feel safe every time. All the scary stuff with Gideon is in the past. We moved on from the deranged vampires.

I was so hurt that we both had to spend time apart. If I didn't know any better back then when I thought Rhys was going to use me I feel like I don't know anything now. Rhys means everything to me. Rhys could shatter me like glass just with a kiss. I'm right where I need to be, I'm home.