Connection

Rhys's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about Fern. Me and her are perfect for one another. I couldn't stop thinking about what we had secretly planned for Alieen together. I mean I think we would be perfect.

She is a human and I am a vampire. I drink blood and she drinks Matach lattes. She is a vegan and I eat animals and humans. We are very different from one another. I mean I like the opposite of what I am. She is truly different from everyone I have ever met.

Even living for a thousand plus years that is a compliment. Fern loves flowers and gardens. I would support her becoming a florist. I mean she is so pretty to love the natural beauty of the world. She loves nature and I adore that about her.

I am still the quiet type to where nobody knows what I am thinking. Time with my family shows how much I think and talk. Fern is quiet but she is shy. Whenever she gets nervous she covers her hands with her sleeves. She also looks down at the ground or twirl her fingers in her pigtails.

I am a artist and she loves reading my poetry. I have her head my journals from all different years. I show her the paintings I have made and origami that I have also created. She sees me as a free spirit. I would love the sound of that. Being free is all I ever wanted to be even after I got this title.

Fern loves to receive my art. I always make the perfect ones for her and whatever ones she likes. I like to share this stuff with her. Fern makes me feel special. Yes I know I am a blood sucking vampire but I love how she makes me feel more then that. I'm not a monster here and everyone knows that.

I am the actual black cat in every thing I do. I loved being left alone but now I like being left alone with Fern. She is the happy gold retriever girlfriend I see in movies today. She makes me want to run away with her and have our future. I want the best for the both of us. It's not just a dream anymore.

I am her moon and she is my sun. I won't be burned by her and she won't become full darkness either. She brights me up and I calm her down. We are a different species and we could be there for each other. That's what I like about us. It's unique.

I love to have coffee and she likes to drink tea. We both have different preferences and opinions but we make each other happy. Our creative sides are both the same. We use them in different ways but we are artists in our own rights. That's just us.

I would definitely call her my soulmate. We are so innocent and blessed to have one another. I will do everything in my power to protect her. I will provide everything she needs to be happy. I will bury every sorrow that comes with being a monster. I don't want to hold her with my bloody hands.

I have buckets full of blood from how many people I used to kill. The human capsule made it easier to not hunt. It would be easier but we know vampire law. We love to follow the rules and be well educated in being professional and proper. It's overwhelming.

My parents are the only ones who follow the rules in this family. Eleora is the oldest and she basically the parent. She has to keep everyone in line. Ezekiel are close to the same age. He gets everything he wants new. Hunting is his true calling. Perfect older siblings. I could say that at least.

Me and Neoma are the middle and the youngest children. We are over looked by our parents. Neoma mostly breaks the rules. She does have everyone over looked. I'm just seen as the heir. When I was born my siblings became irrelevant. I'm the future pride and joy of the family. Sounds tougher than you think.

All the attention goes to me in the vampire council. I don't like it at all. I'm not a born leader like my father. The difference between my brother and me is that we are both different from him and each other. I am the good quiet brother and he is the loud brother. He is more violent than anyone I know.

I will get my sisters whatever they want. I will buy them anything. I would give them the whole world if I could. I would buy whatever their hearts desire. I will do the craziest things to make my sisters happy. Everything would be worth it because they smiled.

Ezekiel is the opposite. If something goes wrong Ezekiel is already planning on breaking somebody's neck. He will go to whoever hurt them and make sure they eat their own flesh. He is more like you don't fuck with him or his family.

My brother is out of control. He will fight anyone even for fun. He is a true blood sucker. He doesn't have remorse for anything. He hunts for fun. It's honestly why Ezekiel isn't going to be the vampire saint. Aidric thought he would ruin the name.

As if it's a great title to uphold. I would rather hand it off to someone else. I don't know why Aidric thought I would want to be a vampire saint. I wouldn't want to hoist any of these parties. It's not fun being a servant to someone else just because they have a higher rank. It's so unfair.

I would rather just mind my business and live my own life. That's all I want. I don't even want to marry Dahlia. That's another thing that I don't want. She knows I don't love her. I told her I'm not going to marry her. I want to be happy and live my own life.