Secret

Fern's POV

I had school today and I was walking with Alieen. My parents were long gone like normal. It honestly feels like a distant memory as if it had happened years ago. The same feeling of being alone was all I felt at my house. I was happier being at school.

At least I wasn't going to be alone. Rhys took Daisy to her fashion show club earlier today so Alieen wanted to walk with me. We we're talking about what we did this weekend. Both of us were close to the school until Gideon came out of nowhere.

"I'm hungry" said Gideon as he licked his lips. I was shocked by what he said. I watched as Alieen stepped in front of me. "What are you doing Gideon" said Alieen upset. I was so confused on what is going on. "Nock it off" said Alieen once Gideon took a step towards me. "The hunger" said Gideon.

He was actually scaring me with what he was saying. That's when I saw Gideon jump towards me. I stood there frozen when I saw Alieen push Gideon away and hiss at him. I saw that she had fangs. My eyes were locked in on her in terror. What was she.

"Leave now" said Alieen as Gideon took off running away with in human speed. I watched in fear as she turned towards me. I fell on the ground with a thud. I landed on my butt. I was freaked out and I started to panic. "What are you" I asked her.

I studied her face hoping she wouldn't lie to me. I saw her tilt her head down. It was like she was ashamed of what she was going to say. "I'm a vampire" said Alieen as she spoke softly. She gave me sad eyes. I watched as she took a step away from me. "I liked being your friend" said Aieen.

I saw that she was choking on the words that she was trying to say. She had tears in her eyes as she was talking to me. "I wanted to protect you. I didn't mean to hurt you from not telling you this secret of mine" said Alieen. I was breathing heavily. I couldn't focus on what she was saying.

"I'm sorry" said Alieen as she took off running with in human speed. Within seconds she was gone in a blur. I didn't know what to believe. If she was a real vampire that means they eat human blood. Gideon was going to eat me but Alieen didn't. She had this whole time to kill me.

I was so scared that I stayed on the ground for a couple of minutes. I had to collect my thoughts. I didn't want to see it but she was trying to befriend me. At least that's what I thought. I couldn't tell what I was thinking or believing. I knew that I felt like I was used. I know two real vampires.

I stayed there on the side of the road scared to go to school. Who else are vampires. If Alieen is a vampire then maybe Rhys is. Daisy has to be since she is her twin sister. I honestly collected myself and I ran quickly back home. I felt eyes watching me.

I quickly darted into the house and I locked the doors. Fluffy was inside with a surprised look on her face. I dropped my bags off my the door. I paced the room. I kept walking in circles saying this isn't real. I kept brushing my hands in my hair after I took them out of my pigtails. My hair was a mess.

I'm certainly a mess from what happened. I needed to calm myself down. I had a better plan of nervous eating. I quickly made myself tofu rice paper rolls with spicy peanut sauce. I ate it like I was stress eating. Once I finished I couldn't help but feel sick to my stomach. They eat blood they took hospital blood.

I was going cray. All I did was slump against the wall and slide down to sit against it. I cradled myself. I tried to do anything that would make me feel better. Instead I was sick to my stomach as I thought of everything that happens in vampire movies.

Instead I was the one who was used. How could I have been so stupid. I started to cry. I knew coming here was a big mistake. I should have stayed home in New Jersey. I thought I made friends but they were just going to kill me. I couldn't believe this.

My heart felt broken. I shouldn't stay here in a town filled with vampires. I had to leave but my parents will never see to it. In their eyes we just used all our money to move here. I wouldn't be able to change their minds in any way. They would stay to help the patients more then anyone else.

Fluffy was nuzzling herself close to me. She tried to comfort me but it didn't help me. I stayed there feeling lost. I kept feeling like I was being watched. There was nothing that was going to help me. I had to find some way that I will be okay with still living here. I couldn't be worse right now.

I could leave this town as soon as I graduate. I had to get out of here as fast as possible. Who knows how this town will be around me if they knew I found out about vampires. Who know that I was going to be friends with Alieen. What if she tells them about this. Gideon tried to kill me who says the others wouldn't do that to me.

I was in danger. Everyone will be after me and I think they we're going to know it sometime. The only question is who else is a vampire who spied on me. Gideon has been after us since day one. If I was in trouble who would be there to help me. I am so fearful for what will happen next.