Bloodline

Rhys's POV

I have been trying to keep a close eye on Gideon. He hasn't even left the house. "You need to get out of here" said my brother Ezekiel. I saw him wearing a red wine shirt. His favorite color just like blood.

He was out of the house every day. He goes hunting in the forest to get us whatever we want. His fangs are bloodier than everyone else here. He likes to get his fangs dirty. He is hunting for sport by now.

For a thousand years he would have to do this and I don't know anyone quit as skilled as my brother. "I'm good" I said telling him the truth. I was watching my pray at the moment. I couldn't let Gideon out of my sight. It's a hunters instinct.

Out of everyone Ezekiel will understand the best. "Too bad I was going to get elk" said Ezekiel as he shrugged his shoulders. As he was about to leave I heard hissing and then Neoma saying "owe,owe." We looked at Eleora dragging her towards us by the ear. "Take care of this one" said Eleora.

"Why" asked Ezekiel confused. He was never the type to take care of anyone except himself. "She is out of sorts at the moment" said Eleora as she walked away frustrated. We watched as Neoma stocked out her tongue at her.

"I will cut that off and feed it to you" threatened Eleora as she was in a bad mood. Neoma stopped instantly. I heard the little hmph coming out of both of my sisters. Me and Ezekiel both laughed at both of them. One is so organized and the other is messy.

They are both in each other's way all the time. It's pretty hysterical. "Let's go hunting" said Ezekiel excitedly. "Okay" said Neoma in a whatever tone. She doesn't care to be stuck in the manor. It's understandable so that's why I chose to hangout outside of the house with Fern.

I miss her so much. It's weird being without her. I looked around the room and Gideon was drinking out of a blood bag that had a blood type on it. I didn't care to stalk him that much to know every little thing that he was doing. Just as long as he stayed here and didn't leave to go see Fern.

That was my plan to protect her. Just then I saw Clove standing across the room. She waved at me to get my attention. I looked back at Gideon who looked like he was starved to death. She didn't get the hint and she walked over to me.

"Rhys" she said in a quiet awkward tone. "I'm still sorry for leaving you at the altar" she said as she put her hand on my chest. I looked at her without pity. "We still never wed after that day" I said annoyed that she once again apologized to me about this.

Everyone knew she couldn't commit like I had to her so many times. She was my priority and above all my beloved. I thought one day she would be the head of the household and my vampire lover. She threw that all away. Clove basically excused herself from marrying me. She only made excuses.

I don't see how I could have loved her back then. "That's forgiven" I said with a harsh tone in my voice. "I would like to talk to you alone" she said in a unpleasant tone. "I don't have time" I said making myself sound clear that I am not a option.

"I see" she says with her head down. She walks away from me with her head down. I noticed that she wanted me to look back at her. It was her signature move every time she wanted me back. I'm not falling for that trick again. I don't care for her. My mind has run to Fern from the first time we met.

I'm committed to her only. I'm not going to run away. I want her for who she is. Everyone else here can back off and let me be happy for once. What is a title when nobody respects you and your authority. I don't care what they think of me after. I will always choose Fern over their stupid title.

I was thinking so much that I didn't notice Melantha beside me. "Love struck" she asked me. "Yes" I nodded my head. "Don't worry about it. You passed your brother with many arrangements. Who knows maybe this wedding will go perfectly then the last one" said Melantha happily.

We all know she sets up the marriages. She has planned mine since the first time she saw me. The only thing is that she will put me with anyone. She just wants me to find my second half. I'm a vampire saint after all. They can't be unmarried to have the title. It's like being unmatched by title arrangements.

Melantha watched everyone from where I was standing the awkward silence between was uncomfortable. "Is your sister around" she asked me finally. I hated awkwardly standing by someone. "She is in the kitchen" I tell her. "Thank you" she said right away as she left to go find her.

I sighed happily since she was gone. I kept my eyes on Gideon the entire time. I watched as he drank the last drop of the blood bags. He was a disgusting pig. He was a definition of a walking corpse. He had so many reasons to go after Fern but he is playing games. I wish I could kill him.

He stood up from the chair and looked back at me. As he turned his head Gideon had smiled right he at me. It was dark and bloody. I wanted to whip that smile off his face. I showed him my fangs and hissed. How long was he going to make me wait for him to make a move on Fern. This was a disaster in itself.