Capsule

Fern's POV

I was eating tofu curry and vegan jasmine rice. I was with Fluffy inside the kitchen. As I was eating I heard the doorbell ring. I walked over to it. Fluffy was barking as she followed behind me. "Fluffy" I said warning her not to be so loud.

I opened the door and unlocked it. There standing in front of me is Rhys. I was about to close the door until he said "stop." I looked at him to see what he wanted. "A vampire has to be invited in. If you want to still close the door you can" said Rhys. I looked at him noticing the look of hope on his face.

"What is it" I said as I looked at the floor. "I'm sorry" said Rhys as he gave me a soft look. I studied his face. "I was going to use you as a human capsule so I can be a vampire saint. Everyone I hangout with is vampires. I am more then ten thousand years old" said Rhys. I was surprised he was telling me this.

"I never met to ruin what we had. What I feel for you. I was sorry for not being able to tell you. It was my duty to the vampire court. Alieen is dying and she won't be married by the time we will find a next human capsule" said Rhys. I looked at him shocked because he was telling me everything.

"Wait what about Alieen" I asked Rhys as soon as I heard her name. "She has been engaged to Talon for one hundred and twenty years" said Rhys. I was in disbelief to even hear that. "She never got married to him because she was slowly dying" said Rhys.

"She wasn't able to get her share of the last drop of the human capsule we had. She is slowly fading and going to die from the loss of blood. Vampires do have to eat human blood at some point. A capsule was going to be easier for her to live" said Rhys.

"I never would have known" I said telling him the truth. "You weren't supposed to" said Rhys with a sigh. We both went quiet because of all the truth was spilling out of him. "You we're supposed to be in pain as she was eating you. We wanted the family to never starve from new blood" said Rhys.

"But because you know and that Alieen protected you things will not be the same" Rhys said to me. I looked up at him with a curious look on my face. "The elders may want you dead" said Rhys. Easily that sent chills down my spine.

"Come with me" said Rhys as he put out his hand. I noticed that he couldn't reach me because I was behind the door step. I saw as a little bit of pain hit his eyes once he saw that I really did listen to him. "Okay" I said as I closed the door behind me. I made sure Fluffy stayed inside just in case.

Me and Rhys walked down the street. "We only dated for a couple of days" I said to him. He just nodded his head in silence. "I enjoyed every second of it" said Rhys. I looked to him and I saw the pain that was written on his face. "I never excepted myself to fall for you" said Rhys as we walked to a garden.

I saw that nobody took care of it in years. The vines were strong enough to break a dusty white fence. It was to hold flowers still for when they grow tall. We both stood where a house used to be at. "I want you to know everything even if you still don't want me back" said Rhys softly. I looked at him carefully.

"This spot here, I was going to get married to the love of my life ten thousand years ago. Her name is Clove Murphy another vampire I still hangout with in the vampire court" said Rhys as he walked slowly around the torn down house and garden.

"What happened" I asked him. He took a deep breath as he collected her thoughts. "Back then I was quiet and a poet. I found her and we were engaged because of an arrangement. When it was our wedding day vampire hunters came and burned everything to the ground" said Rhys.

"I never saw her again. I never wanted to love again. After a few hundred years later she came back and she only comes when the elders appear. My heart was broken because I thought she was dead" said Rhys. I looked at him tighten his fists. "What else happened" I said as I wanted to know more.

"I was assigned a new proposal. This one was worse then I could have imagined. I had a marriage arrangement to Dahlia. We are supposed to be the new vampire saints together. My parents are the vampire lords so they waited for the next title to tell me about this" said Rhys in a sad tone.

"I don't want to marry a selfish person" said Rhys. I saw as he looked beyond upset about this. "Do you still love Clove" I asked him. It had to be the reason he never wanted Dahlia. "I used to" said Rhys. I looked at him with understanding. This had to be so hard for him. "I love someone else now" he said.

I was cut off guard when I heard him say that. I tried to study every inch of his face to see if he is lying to me. Rhys looked me in the eyes. He never let them fall anywhere else. My heart was pumping loudly in my chest. We both stood in silence in the beautiful run down garden just inches away from each other.

"Your heart is pure and it beats loudly like music" said Rhys as he grabbed his hand in mine. I saw that he had so much hope in his eyes. Rhys grabbed my hand in his and I let him hold my hand. "What do you say" he asked me slowly. We both stared into each other's eyes. The silence was so peaceful that I ended up being speechless to his answer.