Frenzy

Fern's POV

I was completely at a lost with words from what happened yesterday. I think me and Rhys are a thing. I was so excited to walk today to school. We bother stayed in silence as we walked. As we were walking I had a jump in my step.

Rhys smiled at me and looked away. After awhile I grabbed his hand and he first hesitated in shock. Rhys looked down at me but I looked at the concrete. I looked up and I saw Rhys smile. Soon he grabbed my hand tightly. To me it reminded me of a second thought like he was nervous to hold my hand.

I mean I was too excited that I felt really bubbly to even notice. We we're both our quiet selves. Me and Rhys walked hand in hand all the way to school. Just as we were walking Dahlia walked up to us. "Rhys" said Dahlia in a bitter sweet voice. We both stopped when she was in front of us.

"What is this" she said as she looked at me. She looked back to Rhys. "Fern" said Rhys as he held my hand tighter. I watched as her eyes switched from him to me. I watched her have a crooked smile. She turned to look at me. "A new bestie" she said with a fake smile. I watched her sigh in annoyance.

She didn't want to pretend to be nice to me. I knew she hated the fact that Rhys was holding my hands. I didn't see why she had to pretend in front of us. I saw as she had her crooked smile like it was nothing. Her face was plastered like this the entire time she was trying to talk to me. I was kinda confused.

"As you can see you can just call me perfect" said Dahlia. She made a twirl in her cute red outfit. She looked preppy and fashionable. "You look cute" I said as I liked her outfit. "Nice" said Rhys as he didn't even look at her. I noticed the way he turned his head away from her. She was trying to show off.

She had perfectly blonde hair that had a little wave to it. I grabbed my pigtail and I started to play with my hair. I kept twirling a strand of hair with my finger. I was becoming nervous. I didn't like how she was trying to show off. I guess she was bold enough to do that. I'm not like that exactly.

As she was standing in front of us I saw Dahlia stretching in front of us. I mean she was trying to make Rhys run for his money. She wanted him to be obsessed with her. Rhys turned to me so we could walk away. He didn't like this anymore then I did.

"Ready to concur the day" said Dahlia as she turned around with us as we began to walk away. We walked towards the school but it was difficult trying to have a easy conversation. I was really uncomfortable with this. I even grabbed my hoodie strings and I started to chew on them.

Dahlia couldn't stop talking about herself. Rhys was trying to make sure I was okay. I think I looked disgusting to both of them when I was chewing on the strings. Dahlia rolled her eyes and kept talking some more. Rhys was brushing his thumb against the back of my hand. He was helping me a lot.

Rhys was bringing up conversations for us two to have answers. Plants and poetry were easier for us to have an option on. "Flowers are so beautiful and they look even better when they are Dahlias" said Dahlia. Of course the flower she picked was about her. She was making me more nervous.

I don't even wear makeup and she was wearing some. She was wearing a cute dress and heels while I am wearing a hoodie and jeans. I was wearing small ankle boots to complete my look as she had jewelry. I watched as she kept playing with her necklace for a second. I guess she saw me staring at it for awhile.

"Isn't it cute. I found it in your room Rhys. I love it" said Dahlia. I was shocked to hear all of that. I did catch that she stole it. "I didn't give it to you" said Rhys who seemed annoyed. Dahlia just smiled at the both of us. "It's my birthday gift" she said as she turned her back on us and walked faster.

I saw Rhys grunt with annoyance. I've never seen him this pissed. I put my head down feeling bad. I saw Rhys turn to me quickly. "It's not your fault" said Rhys. I nodded my head knowing I didn't do anything. "She stole my mom's gift" he said to me.

I looked up to him feeling bad. The necklace was beautiful but it was stolen from Rhys. Now he has to buy his mom a new gift. "It will be okay. I can think of something else to get" said Rhys. We both figured that Rhys will never get that necklace back.

"Get her flowers" I said to him. I spit out the hoodie string that I was chewing. I was more comfortable now that she is gone. "Like yesterday" said Rhys as he looked at me. I nodded my head shyly. I knew I was blushing because we kissed. Well he kissed me and I melted.

"I still want to own a flower shop" I told him honestly. I tried to get off topic because he was staring at me with a smile. "That would be cute to have in this little town" said Rhys. I nodded my head to thank him. I have him a soft smile. "I will buy flowers from you everyday" said Rhys.

"Thank you" I said feeling happy. I think I just got my first customer. We kept walking hand in hand as we walked to school. It was now back to a peaceful walk. Rhys already told me what he wanted to do so I was happy to support him. The silence was our best feeling. The quietest place we can think of.