Pilates

Fern's POV

I woke up in the morning and I saw my mom doing Pilates. She was doing flutter kicks. She had the materials out. She had her favorite yellow cup on the coffee table beside her. "Morning" she said to me as I walked in with messy hair. "Morning" I said with a yawn. I didn't even notice that she was off today.

My mom changed positions to do tuck crunches. She gets abs from eating healthy food and doing Pilates. I exercise regularly whenever I have the energy. I go on walks around the town with Fluffy. That's my way of getting exercise on my daily routine. It's good to do something productive on a daily basis.

I walked into the kitchen to make me some oats. I put chopped up bananas and berries. I also added peanut butter on the side of the bowl. I was eating my breakfast in the kitchen. When I was making my breakfast I had seen my mom do roll up with arms. We are both a little different in our routines.

Fluffy was right beside my mom watching her. I was eating until there was nothing left. I texted Rhys what he was doing and he told me that he was going out of town for the three day weekend. So it's me staying at home all day long. I wonder where Rhys still went. Daisy and Alieen went to a fashion show.

It was for Daisy because of the fashion club. Alieen went to support her. I think that is why Rhys went out of town too. I was looking at my phone after I put the dishes in the sink. I cleaned the kitchen well my mom was finishing up her Pilates. She put everything away in the living room.

My mom grabbed her yellow coffee cup and sat on the stool beside me. A hour had gone by. The time my parents have off seems like the day goes by even faster. It's no surprise because I miss them so much. "Let's watch a movie" said my mom as she finished drinking her coffee. She put it away in the sink.

I grabbed us some of our favorite chips. Whenever we watch movies we always have snacks no matter what. They we're barbecue potato chips. They we're healthier than normal chips. We put on a movie called beast. It's a romance movie based on a novel. My mom loved to read it during medical school.

We ate chips and I had a Fuji apple for balance and talked and laughed about what happened. The movie is so cute in my opinion. Of course Fluffy wanted belly rubs the entire time. We ate the small bag of chips and continued to watch the movie until it ended a hour later.

Once it was finished it was already lunch time. Days really do go by fast when my parents are around. Too bad my dad isn't off today as well. Me and my mom love snacking together. We got frozen mango and chocolate frosting to snack on. We even made chocolate cake bites. We loved to bake together.

We made this for later tonight but we did have a few bites of each after we made them. We had to take the final product before we have it after dinner. We we're both hungry for actual food so we made real lunch. Of course we had to make different things.

I had made myself a leftover vegan curry with rice and green onions. My mom had made a chicken sandwich. We both ate at the same time Fluffy was eating. I couldn't even look at my mom eating her chicken sandwich. It was so gross to me. I really couldn't eat meat even in a sandwich.

I'm a real strict vegan. I just can't eat anything like that. After we cleaned the kitchen and we talked about Rhys. My mom was curious about him. "Did you guys talk today" my mom asked me. She knew we started dating. I told her and my dad about it. "Yeah, he is out of town" I told him.

My mom and me kept talking about him for awhile. I was so happy to have our talks. We we're talking for hours about how I still wanted to be a florist and own my own flower shop. She knew that I wanted to do something different than my parents. My dad isn't even off like my mom is. He is a workaholic.

He is the one forcing me to be a doctor. My mom has made schedules just for her to hangout with me. I feel so appreciated about her hanging out with me. As we stayed there talking to each other I heard the front door unlock and my dad walked it. "Hey honey" he said as he kissed my mom.

"Hey sweetie" my dad said as he kissed my forehead. My dad changed real fast and he was still dressed in a doctor's outfit. "Bye I love you guys" my dad said as he grabbed his in house doctor calls. "Sticky notes" my mom yelled. My dad came into the kitchen grabbed everything on the refrigerator.

He was always in a rush and he never liked to stop. I don't know why he tries to push me this much. I don't want to be like my parents. They never have time for anyone. I don't want anyone to feel the way I do. I'm so alone since I was nine years old. I had to take care of myself since then.

I looked to my parents who looked happy. I don't want to be like them. I thought that we would be closer since we moved but instead I'm in a little town. I liked the friendships I have made but I still miss my old home. I just hoped that we could be closer together or they let me do what I want.