Unsafe

Fern's POV

It was already late after my mom had two glasses of wine. She was asleep on the couch. She didn't even sleep in her bed after that night. I went to my room since there was no room for me to sleep downstairs. I went up the stairs to go to sleep.

I brushed my teeth and got into my pajamas. I was having a rough day. I saw a suitcase already packed beside my door. I wasn't okay with leaving. She thinks I am able to just run with her. I can't leave my dad here and I know she can't either.

She already quit her job today. I knew she wasn't going back to that hospital. It would just hurt her so much. I sighed as I finally jumped inside my bed. I was so tired of everything that happened. It's not right for everyone to be like this. I want to see my friends so bad and my mom won't let me.

I yawned feeling exhausted. This wasn't the mood I was planning on either. Tomorrow was supposed to be the first day back at school. It didn't even feel like we were on a break. I was just glad I didn't have to go tomorrow. My mom didn't want me to leave the house after what happened to my dad.

I quickly got under the covers trying to be comfortable. I needed sleep badly. I felt really restless. I closed my eyes trying to let my dreams keep me at peace. I have a few dreams here and there some nights. I wanted to feel something different. In a few seconds I was out.

Five hours later

You know when people say they have sleep paralysis and it's very scary. I felt like I was in that moment. Not knowing what true fear feels like. I couldn't move or speak. I opened my eyes and I saw a Gideon looking down at me. He held me down to my bed.

His hand was over my mouth. "Shh" he said creepily. I tried to say his name but it sounded like mumbling. I felt his hand slide up my leg. I tried to break free. "I'm stronger now that I have eaten" he said. I saw as his face lit up with excitement. "Your father tasted delicious" Gideon told me.

Tears we're in my eyes. I felt his hand slipping into my pajamas. I felt his fingers trying to enter my body. I was kicking, punching, and squirming. I was screaming from the top of my lungs. Nothing was happening. He moved my underwear to the side. "Your skin feels soft" Gideon whispered in my ear.

My eyes were balling out tears. My sobbing screams couldn't be heard. This couldn't be real. This isn't real I thought to myself. "You will like it" he said as his fingers traced my bottom lips. "My dessert" said Gideon as he moved his hand to get my hair away from my neck. When he moved his hand I had a chance to scream. "Stop" I screamed aloud.

"Shut up" said Gideon as he hissed at me. I watched as he was coming closer to my bare neck. His fangs were pointed out ready to take a bite. I was whimpering because I was squirming to escape. He was hurting me. Just because I felt him bite me I watched as Gideon was thrown off of me.

I gasped in shock. Right beside me was Rhys. I was so happy to see him. Tears we're blocking my vision. "Rhys" I said happily. Rhys came to me and picked me up princesses style. I was saved I thought. He placed me onto my feet so he can protect me.

"What did you do" said Rhys as his fangs were showing ruthlessly. "Nothing yet" said Gideon. I stayed there afraid to run away. I was frozen in place. "Leave" demanded Rhys. "Never" said Gideon as he used his vampire speed. I watched in horror as Gideon was able to attack Rhys so effortlessly.

Gideon had his fangs in Rhys's neck. I saw blood spilling out of him. I heard Rhys screaming from the pain. Gideon was a monster. I grabbed my lamp right away. It unplugged itself from the wall. I hit Gideon on the back of his head.

When I hit him it was like I didn't even leave a dent. I just saw Gideon pull his fangs out of Rhys. His fangs and mouth were covered in blood. I just heard laughter coming from him like it was nothing. "You two deserve each other" said Gideon. "Leave" said Rhys as he hissed out loud.

I saw Rhys push Gideon off of him. Gideon was only pushed back a few feet. Rhys used all of his strength. "See you soon" said Gideon as he took off in a flash. "Rhys" I screamed as I saw him drop to the floor. "I'm okay" he said breathlessly. I was scared of what happened. He needed to be okay.

I never saw any vampire eat from another vampire in real life before. Just then I heard my mom run upstairs. "What happened" she said as she busted through my door. I heard her gasp in shock as I held Rhys's body close to mine. I was covered in blood.

My mom went to the bathroom and grabbed a medicinal kit. She came back to the room and sat down ready to help. "It won't work" said Rhys breathlessly. I looked at him knowing what he needs. "Blood" I said without hesitation. "We need some from the hospital" my mom said ready to call them.

"No he won't make it" I said as his eyes were drowsy. "Here" I said giving him my arm. "No" they both yelled at me. "Yes now eat please" I told Rhys. I put my arm to his mouth. He hesitated because I knew he hasn't had human blood in years. He was scared that he will drain me. I know he wouldn't do that.

Rhys grabbed my arm gently. His fang's showing themselves as he bite into my flesh. Within a few seconds he was drinking my blood. I felt myself getting weaker. Of course I was right. Rhys would never harm me. After he got back to normal he let go of me. "Thank you" he whispered as I gave him a small smile. I needed him with me.