Anniversary

Fern's POV

Today was a new day. I put my pigtails up and got ready. I was so excited to see Rhys. Today was our first anniversary. This meant so much to us. It meant we would have many more to celebrate too. I always wanted to be with someone for the rest of my life.

I was overjoyed as soon as I woke up. I went downstairs to make breakfast. I walked past Fluffy's empty bowl as I made my way to the kitchen island. I made avocado toast with a fruit cup. I also made me coffee. It was a great way to start today. I may have not much to do today but I was happy.

I just wanted to see Rhys and surprise him for our very first anniversary. After I cleaned the kitchen and cleaned my room it was already lunchtime. I went back to the kitchen and made me lunch. This took longer to make. Everything was easy for me at least. I knew had to make these foods easily.

I had made me bruschetta with vegan sushi rolls. I was so hungry because I felt so happy. I may have just been hungry after I had a small breakfast. It was almost time for Rhys to get here. I put everything in the kitchen away so it looks nice and clean. I unlocked the door and I grabbed everything in my room that I was going to surprise him with.

The door bell rang once everything was set up. "Come in" I said loudly. "Look at my new favorite necklace that Dean got me" said Daisy after she closed the door. I saw her walk in but Rhys was nowhere to be around. I felt my smile drop.

"Oh what is all this" said Daisy as she looked around the little surprise I set up. "It's mine and Rhys's anniversary" I said to her. I gave her a smile. I don't know if Rhys even told her. "That makes sense because Rhys gave me this" she said to me.

I watched as she handed me a card with a little origami bouquet. It was so cute. The paper origami flowers were even colored perfectly. I smiled at the cute little flowers I have gotten for our anniversary. I wish Rhys was here with me. I planned so much for the both of us to do. I thought it would be romantic.

"This is amazing" said Daisy as she looked around the room. I had a table set up with a white table cloth that had a few lit candles. There was even fancy silverware that I had to take out of some old drawers. I had everything right where I wanted it. The only thing was that he wasn't around.

I saw Daisy have a sad face. She was probably looking at me. I have the same look on my face too. "You don't have to be sad" said Daisy. I gave her a smile. "We are best friends and we aren't going to let any of this go to waste" said Daisy with a smile.

The kitchen timer went off. The food was already done. I was making some the entire time for tonight. "Come on" said Daisy as she took my hand. We both went to the kitchen and grabbed all the food. We put it on the nicest plates I had pulled out from earlier. We both walked to the table and we sat down.

I also grabbed a tray that had lots of bread with olive oil. I made spaghetti Al pomodoro. Me and Daisy talked about how everyone was doing. Tomorrow is the big party that they have been planning all along. As she was telling me how Rhys is I felt sad again.

We we're still having pretty good conversations. I know I still would rather have Rhys here for our anniversary. It wasn't bad talking to one of my best friends and I won't ever know how to thank her for trying to be here for me. I appreciate her for doing this. I was still bummed when he didn't show up.

I had got another plate of spaghetti Al Pomordoro. For our dessert I got us berry freeze ice cream. Daisy helped me clean the table and kitchen. We put everything back in its rightful spot. we were eating ice cream and watched a movie. I just hoped that Rhys was able to at least enjoy this day too.

As the movie was playing and I was eating my vegan ice cream I couldn't help but think about us. I fell in love with someone that I had no idea I'd fall for which is the most beautiful kind of love. We didn't force chemistry and it was just a pure special connection that was created all on its own.

It's the best kind but worst to lose. The best relationship are the ones we least expect. I fell in love with the most unexpected person. A vampire in fact. This all happened at an unexpected moment. Rhys saw something in me when he wasn't supposed too. A forbidden love between a human and vampire.

I was only supposed to be food but I became more then that too him. Silence is our comfort and it brings us closer together. We know everything about one another that we don't have to talk. Between us it's just comfort. I have Rhys fighting for my life.

I am a simple vegan girl that moved out of New Jersey that met a good vampire. I moved to this town uncertain and shy. He brought me the light even in complete darkness. We are opposites and we surely did attract each other.

I am falling in love with Rhys even more because he is trying to save me from his vampire clan. I don't see how I fit in their world but he made me welcome in his own. That's the life I want to be apart of. I took a bite of my vegan ice cream. Today we may have not been together but I was thinking of him.