Drain

Fern's POV. Eighteen years later

This morning I woke up and made myself breakfast as well as the kids. Rhys already went to the vampire council. They had a meeting of what our kids will be signed up for. They are graduating in two months so time was going by fast for them.

I made PB&J bagels with bananas for all of us. Rhys was going to bring us blood later on. I left the house after I said by to them. Of course I brought flowers with me that I have been working on for the flower arrangements. I just had to drop them off and work on a few more. I got to the flower shop and opened it up more.

I quickly put them down and had made a few more arrangements. A few customers walked in to buy flowers. It was very busy since I am making flower arrangements for Daisy and Dean. They finally are getting married. Dean proposed to her at the lake.

It wasn't too far from here. We took the kids a long time ago. I don't really like leaving the town as much. So we go often but not a lot. Once it was my lunch time I pulled it out to start eating. I put the closed sign so I wasn't disturbed.

I saw Daisy working in the clothing store and Talon and Alieen at the library. Dean went to the meeting along with Rhys's family. For lunch I had chickpea tuna sandwich with a Carmel rice cake. Once I finished eating I put everything away to get back to work. I was so happy for Daisy and Dean.

I think their wedding would look cute. All the flowers I was doing by hand. I couldn't stop working on them. My hands were hurting after awhile but I had so much that I wanted to do. It was very ridiculous but it was well deserved. They are my family after all.

As it was time to go home I took out my strawberry protein smoothie. I was drinking it on the way home. Once I closed up shop I walked home. School ended a lot time ago so I just took my time getting home. I didn't need vampire speed to enjoy life around me.

I opened the door and everyone was already inside. I closed the door behind me and I put my stuff in the sink. Rhys and everyone brought blood for us to have. As they were drinking blood I also took out the main course. We still can't have all the blood.

We still ration and I think after this I will put my mom to rest. It's heartbreaking to know I am drinking her blood still. I brought out a big salad for all of us. We liked the company of having everyone over. "What did you guys do at school" I asked my kids. "Nothing" said Semira.

"Nothing" said Calix. I shook my head. I do miss it when they were younger. Calix used to say daddy and mommy every day. Semira would say the same things too. When we asked about their days Calix would give us two thumbs up and tell us what would happen during his day at school.

Semira will just say good in the cutest little voice. Back then our kids were so shy. She would scream yay every time she saw us. Calix would just nod his head to see us. They were so cute when they were younger. I actually missed those days a lot.

Even when they we're bad they we're still so cute. If only one got in trouble they would stand in front of the other and tell us no. Neither of them let us yell at the other. It was the cutest twin dynamic that I have ever seen. They were truly adorable together.

Calix loves to play the guitar and hang out with Neoma and Ezekiel. He loved to hangout at the skatepark and play basketball with her. Calix liked to go hunting with Ezekiel whenever they have the chance. He was always closer to them.

His dream was to be a vampire hunter and even be head of the council. He was a regular vampire. The only thing Calix got from me was that he had a his hands whenever he gets nervous. He hides it very well but I can easily spot that since he is my son.

He is just like his dad because he is more quiet rather than being shy. He likes to be alone very often. He reminds me of Rhys and me put together. Eleora is always teaching him that it's good to have good grades. I know Calix hardly cares half of the time but since she had a talk with him he is doing great.

Semira likes to hangout with Daisy and Alieen more. She loves reading about murder mysteries. She is also into Daisy's fashion designs. Eleora and Semira get along very well because sometimes Semira acts like her a lot. I know she keeps her head down a lot like how I was back at school.

Semira likes to play the guitar as well. I swear it's a twin thing for them. She actually loves to sketch just like Rhys does. She is another mix of both of us. It's honestly the cutest thing for all of us. I know ms and Rhys have made a impact on this family.

I don't know how to thank Rhys enough because throughout my life I have never had someone love me this much before. I always tell him thank you for everything because we both lost so much to get here today. It was a crazy journey at least. Everything worked out like it was supposed to.

I met the love of my life. It's us for eternity. Time has stopped since we have been together. Since our kids are older the time around them has gone by so quickly. I still wouldn't change a thing about how I got here. My life is a blessing because I got what I always wanted. My own happy family.