Secret Garden

Fern's POV

I woke up with my eyes jumping open. I looked around and I was in a maze. I looked around me to find everyone that I have been hiding from. They we're all here. I pushed myself off the dirty ground. I turned to look at Gideon looking back at me.

"Leticia" he said with a smile. I looked at him with fear written all over my face. "Where am I" I asked as I tried to cower from them. "The garden maze outside of town" said Gideon. I stood up slowly. I wanted to plan something if they were going to attack me first. I didn't want to be defenseless.

"This maze won't let you out unless you know what way you are going" said Gideon with a smile. "They are here" said Dahlia. I looked between the two of them. My friends came to rescue me. Just then I heard all of them hissing from the far side of where I was at. "You are in the center" said Gideon.

I looked back at where I needed to go. "Let the games begin" said Gideon as the girls took off into the pathways. I watched as they disappeared into the dark green maze. It was night time but the moon was bright. It was the only thing guiding me out of here. Once they we're gone I took off after them.

"You can run but you can't hide" yelled Gideon from behind me. I knew he was using me as bait. I had to think I was running towards Rhys. That's all he wanted in the beginning. I mean why else would he be walking slowly behind me. This was just like a horrible nightmare that I wanted to wake up from.

I felt the cold ground against my bare feet. My hair flowing in the wind. My heart pounding in my chest. My breathing getting caught in my throat. I tried to think smart but I just wanted to find help. Gideon is too strong. I would have to find Rhys only.

I was panicking as I took a few wrong turns. I just heard Gideon's laughter echoing from behind me in the darkness. The shadows scared me even more. I felt like he could pop out of anywhere. I had so much of uncertainty. I was completely terrified. If anything bad happens I will join my dad and Fluffy.

I didn't want to be here anymore. I was with a serial killer. I was going to be a victim to a ungrateful vampire. My body wasn't going to last running through the maze forever. There was some vines that were sharp that even cut my skin. I was bleeding from tiny little scratches. Now it became worse.

Everyone was going to smell me and know where I was at. I was going to give Gideon what he wanted. It felt like tiny and sharp paper cuts all over my skin. Some were longer slices then just little scratches. I had to keep running hoping that I wasn't going to endanger anyone else. Gideon is a sick man.

To think that he is a thousand years old. He was acting as a teenager who didn't get his way. I felt that wind blowing around me when I was running. The weeds were flowing in the wind as well. I kept cutting myself and I know exactly who is going to find me first. Rhys took my blood so he will be attracted to it even more then before.

I kept forcing myself to run. There had to be another exit. There always is another exit. I started to skip and go through broken areas to get on the second path. I was exhausted by taking the wrong turns. "Fern" yelled a few voices. "Not so fast" I heard Annabel's voice. They we're close by.

I took off running again until I was far away from them. "Fern" whispered a voice. I turned to find Rhys. I sighed with relief and jumped in his arms. I felt safe again. I didn't have to be so scared. Rhys's body was towering over me. I noticed even at night there was no silence. We heard fighting everywhere.

"We have to get you out of here" said Rhys as he grabbed my hand. We we're about to leave the maze but I felt arms wrapped around me. I was pulled away within seconds. "Don't" hissed Rhys. I was unable to break free from Gideon's grip. I was unable to move again. My heart was beating faster.

"You can be a vampire saint. My title goes to you please. Just don't kill her" I begged Gideon. "I don't need your title when I am already more powerful then you" said Gideon. Before I could react the unexpected happened. I felt his grip let go of me. Blood went flying everywhere.

I turned to see Dahlia had cut off his head. "I want to kill you myself" she said as she tried to grab me. I ran towards Rhys and he pulled me into him. He held me in his arms. I saw him look down at me with pitiful eyes. "I'm sorry" I hear him saying to me. Within seconds I felt Rhys's fangs cut through my skin. I felt the burning sensation filling my body.

My eyes became heavy and I dropped to the floor. I was laying on the floor watching Rhys kill Dahlia. He came back towards me to hold me in his arms. "I'm so sorry" he said with tears in his eyes. I knew it wasn't his fault. It was just blood lust. I saw Rhys bite himself and put his bleeding arm in front of me.

"You need to drink" he said as my eyes were heavy. I felt my body getting weak. I did as he said as I was going unconscious. I was drinking blood like a vampire. It tasted really sweet to me. I felt my body go limp and my vision went black right after I was done drinking out of my boyfriends forearm.