Chapter 2

It has been a week since the Sully family arrived to our clan. My father thought it would be a good idea to give them some time to settle before learning our ways. Lessons with the Sully children start tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it one bit. In this week I learned the oldest boys name is Neteyam, the other is Lo'ak. The girls name is Kiri and the youngest is Tuk. The mothers is named Neytiri too and then obviously there is Jake, I've seen them round the clan over the last week but I have kept my distance for now, the stories I have heard of sky people are scary and I want nothing to do with that. 

Every month we have a gathering on the beach for all the teens/young adults to chill and hang out. When I say we I mean everyone else because I never go. Why would I go somewhere I don't feel I belong? But something has changed this time. Tsireya has convinced me to go with her because all her friends are "busy." I can't wait..... not.

Me and Tsireya are getting ready in our hut and she is defining my natural loose curly hair with my seaweed hair cream. I put a few braids in her wild, tightly curled hair and then we are done. She is so excited that i'm coming with her, this never happens. 

We arrive at the beach and the fire is already going, music playing and laughter is in the air. The nerves that were already in the pit of my belly are magnified as get closer to the groups. I see Aonung across the beach and I pull Tsireya along with me to get to him. He looks shocked to see me here and all his friends are looking me up and down. I scowl and I stand next to Aonung, he offers to get me a drink and I accept quickly. 

He comes back with a drink for me and I thank him. The clouds of laughter and chatting begin to fade as everyone goes quiet. I look to see what is going on and I see the older three Sully siblings approaching the group. Tsireya skips over to them and grabs Kiri's arm, she must have invited them. The talking slowly increases back to normal volume, she brings the sully teens over towards me and smiles widely. I frown and turn round to see Aonung already walking away with all his friends. Great. One thing I have definitely noticed over this last week is Aonung hates the new additions to the clan. He thinks they will bring bad things to the clan and has made it very clear from the get go he has no intention of befriending them.

Tsireya and the group finally get to me and she says "Y/n this is Neteyam, Lo'ak and Kiri."

I reply with a cold"I know."

I down my drink and turn myself in the opposite direction to wonder round and  watch everyone else enjoying themselves with their friends. Aonung notices me and calls me over, he is talking about the sully teens. "How are we meant to teach them anything? Look at those thin arms and tails! This is going to be impossible. If this was my choice I would have sent them on their way the minute they landed on those bird things!" All his friends nod in agreement and laugh as they drink their drinks. 

It's getting pretty late so I decide to myself its probably time to head back to the hut. As I turn round to leave a hand touches my shoulder. I turn and I am met with a pair of bright amber eyes. Lo'ak. 

"Hey Y/n right?" he asks while handing me another drink.

"Erm yeah... Lo'ak?" I reply and he nods smiling. 

"Where are you heading?" he asks me.

"Im not used to these late nights so i'm going to head home soon I think" I say shyly.

His smile slightly fades. He almost looks disappointed? Weird.

"Oh right okay, well it was nice to finally meet you Y/n!" he smiles again. I smile back. 

I walk away slowly and head to the other end of the beach, the beach is so beautiful at night there's no better way to end a night than to watch the beautiful Pandora sky. 

Ive been sitting here for what feels like forever watching the luminous sky and praying to eywa that I do not disappoint my father if I fail to teach the sully children our ways. I hear footsteps and the sand shift next to me, I turn to my right to be met with another set of eyes, More yellow than amber. 

"Whats got you sitting out her all alone?" Neteyam says to me. 

"Just thinking...chilling" I reply coldly.

"Well mind if I join you? I could use a good thinking and chilling spot" he smiles widely at me. 

"Sure" I reply back to him. I look up at the sky and sigh.

"Something on your mind Y/n?" he asks me. 

"Just been a long day, nothing the beautiful Pandora sky doesn't fix. It's magical don't you think, especially at nigth?" 

We both look up at the sky and he nods in agreement. "Very beautiful" he says. I turn to see him already looking at me. 

"I should get going now, i'll see you tomorrow Neteyam" I say shyly.

He helps me up and replies back "See you tomorrow Y/n."