First Day For Everyone

MAYA POV

Today is the first day of school for Alex. She's starting as a senior as she skipped a few grades since she's a little brainiac. I'm driving her this morning since I'm working from home again, I can just get up and leave if I need to. I've decided I'm going to go back to the station today. I miss everyone too much, it's weird not working with them all the time.

Carina is taking Eve to the day care at the hospital. It's Carina's first day as a full-time doctor and I can tell she's so nervous. Not for the job, boy is she a confident, sexy surgeon. I think she's terrified about not being able to see Eve or Alex when she wants to. It was quite hard getting Carina motivated to go to work this morning. She just laid there like a dead person, so as a reasonable person thought that kissing her and pleasuring her would give her a bit more motivation... it just gave her motivation to do something else, which also got interrupted by Eve asking for us, thank god she can't open doors.

-

I drive Alex to school and I can see she's nervous but excited. She has a slight smile on her face and it grows the closer we get to school. I park up outside where she instantly leaves and runs towards a guy and hugs him. He wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead, is it normal to be angry at a teenage guy for hugging? God, I don't think I could roll my eyes more... that also got interrupted as Alex turned to wave at me. I waited for her to walk into school before I drove on to the station.

-

Walking into my own stomping ground was weird. It's exactly the same but it isn't. I walk straight upstairs to the beanery to surprise everyone. Vic was the first to see me and slapped both Dean and Travis in surprise, neither enjoyed that experience. "Wait why are you here, Bishop" she shouts causing everyone to turn. "Always a nice welcome, Hughes! I just wanted to come here; I miss you all. Plus, my daughters are having their first day so I can't be alone in the house without going antsy" I say while laughing. "Wait, daughters? Did Carina pop another one out without anyone knowing?" Vic says... of course I haven't really talked to anyone and definitely haven't talked about us fostering. Time to fill them in...

ALEX POV

I was trying to hide my excitement about going to school. I'm actually pretty popular since I'm the captain of the soccer team at my high school. I know I'm younger than the seniors but I have the skill set apparently. I'm well respected as far as I know. I knew Maya saw me run up and hug Ryan. Ryan is my closest friend; we both have feelings for each other. Before you question me, we have kissed multiple times and things just haven't lined up with each other but before I moved to Maya's house, we said we'd give us a go. I might soon have a boyfriend!

I have 5 lessons today including soccer practice which I invited Maya to. My day is set out like this: Maths, English lit, free period, Lunch, psychology, German, and then soccer practice. You probably see this as a bad day but I think this will be my favourite day out of the week. It has all of my favourite subjects in one day. I find all of it pretty easy except for Psychology and German, but you really can't blame me!

I'll give you the run down on the day because not much happened. I sat next to Jess for most of the lessons, we're not super close but close enough to hang out all day together. I spent my free period with both Jess and Ryan. The trio of us are pretty much the cleverest students in the school so when it comes to free periods, we just walk around the school and talk. We always end up on the bleachers which is where we're sitting now.

"So, Al, how is the new house? Better than the last? Any pervy dads?" Jess rattles off, okay maybe I lied before, we are quite close. I don't think a normal person would ask that to a kid in social care.