Christmas

Maya POV

with the build up to Christmas, the station planned the annual cook off which is exclusive to family and friends. I've been going to this for years and have never brought anyone. But this year, I have Carina and I can't wait to properly introduce her to my second family.

The day of the cook off is also the final day for the 'Toys for Tots' collection. This means that both toy wrapping and cooking happens simultaneously. Carina had a shift this morning and I took that opportunity to buy stuff for our own private Christmas. We have to leave in an hour to the station but I'm yet to hear any movement from the bedroom. I will say it's pretty weird not being at the station already, but I'd say its warranted.

-

After what feels like a century has rolled past, the bedroom door opens and so does my mouth, in shock... She's beautiful. Black boots with a slight heel, she's already taller than me this is gonna make it way more obvious... her ass does look great though. Blue jeans which are just tight enough to see her figure, accentuating my favourite areas of her legs. Paired with a dark red sweater and a long black overcoat, which somehow gives off detective vibes. I was so wrapped up in my own head just taking in the image in front of me, that I didn't realise she'd started moving towards me while giggling. As she reached me, I pulled her towards the sofa and led her to straddle me. Her overcoat and sweater were off in a flash... the station and the cook off can wait.

-

After 30 minutes of fun and 15 minutes of mostly Carina fixing her appearance, we left for the station which thankfully didn't take that long to get to. We opted for no music, mostly because we knew we'd be listening to music all night at the station and we both honestly were tired of hearing the same Christmas tunes over and over again.

It had started to rain which surprised Carina but amused me. Let's just say I'm very thankful that tomorrow I have off, I'd hate to deal with the accidents caused by idiots driving too fast or people thinking they should try to take up ice skating at the age where getting out of a chair is enough of a struggle.

-

We walked in and were met by Travis opening the door for Carina and seemingly forgetting I exist, thanks Trav. Putting that behind me, I directed Carina upstairs to the beanery which is our version of a kitchen and dining room. As soon as we entered, we were hit with a traditional Christmas Roast dinner. I introduced Carina to everyone and watched her walk over to Vic, they've interacted a few times before when dropping off patients.

"Look at Maya Bishop bringing a girlfriend to a work function, have you grown up? " Ben joked, I laughed. It honestly is weird that Carina has had this effect on me.

"Yeah who would have thought. It does feel good to have someone to bring instead of being the 3rd wheel to everyone. I mean even Jack finds some girl to take to work functions and forgets about them the next day. I wanted to introduce Carina to everyone, I can see her sticking around" I replied, seeing a smile form on Ben's face. We joke that he's the dad of the station but he honestly is. He's the dad I wish I had instead of that sorry excuse I got instead.

"Come on, I can see you looking over my shoulder at her. Go to her, I can see you're in love" I silently thank him and try not to hurry over as I really want to both scare Carina and hear what they're talking about. Hey, I'm allowed to eavesdrop I have girlfriend privileges!

I slowly made my way round to her, seeing that she was having a very animated conversation with Vic as both of them were laughing and looking my way.. great. Now I don't know if I want to go there to hear what they were talking about.

"Hi Bambina, I was just telling Vic how we met and how you still won't stop bringing up the whole coffee situation when you want to be petty" Carina said as I wrapped my arms around her waist, hugging her from behind. "She also told me about what happened after we had lunch that one time, you know when you had that feud with Andy? I didn't know that you were talking to yourself about how much you liked me. It's very cute" great, now I don't know what to say, I didn't even realise I had done that.