Chapter Thirty-Eight.

Start from the beginning

I laid my head on the rug, ready to see whatever comes after when someone dies. I could feel Thatcher struggling with his zipper, I closed my eyes, shutting out any noise that isn't peaceful, the zipper was putting me at the edge of a cliff. I pictured Harry's emerald eyes smiling at me, the day I woke up next to him. The light hit his delicate features with the most flattering light I had seen. His skin seemed to radiate, he was my angel. His big hands wrapped around me were the wings he flew with, but at that moment they were wrapped around me. I pictured them around me now, soft and warm, safe and secure, loving and gentle, I could go anyplace with those arms around me.

Alaine...

Harry...I'm so sorry.

Alaine...

Harry?

Alaine!

I opened my eyes immediately to hear grunting and things being knocked down. I looked up at my hands, they were free! I looked back to see my bum exposed, I quickly pulled up my pants and jeans. My muscles ached as I sat up to see Mark fighting Thatcher, his legs were snaked around him as he struggled to keep him down.

"Alaine! Run! Get out of here!" he yelled at me.

It took my body three seconds to understand what he was trying to imply. I went around the couch, crawling because my calve had no strength to work right now. My arms seem flagrant but I pushed them to do the heavy lifting. I could give up now, not when I had a chance to get help for Mark. I tried to crawl to the door but I looked back to see Thatch begin to hit Mark. He had gotten out of his grip!

Thatcher hit Mark in the jaw and didn't stop there until Mark was on the floor with a bloody nose. I looked up at a night stand near the couch to see a vase with flowers. I reached my hands up to reach it but it meant I had to pull my body up to actually get it. I gripped onto the couch and lessened the weight I needed to apply to my bad leg but stood up to grab the vase. I spilled the flowers out of it and limped to Thatcher, who had his back towards me. I lifted the vase above me and smashed it against his back, which I admit was not where I was aiming for but my coordination was not straight at the moment.

He slowly turned to meet my eyes, which were filled with rage. His back hand met my face and in an instant I saw the world spinning downwards. I couldn't see straight, but I saw Marks body laying on the floor, I also heard Thatcher get his gun and I knew what he was going to do, my heart seemed to start a race because my breathing was faster than ever. I crawled to Marks leg.

"No...no..." I whispered.

"Alaine..." I heard him whimper.

"No!" I screamed, two rounds of bullets rang through my head. I was so close to the hem of his pants, I could have reached him.

"Get over here you stupid bitch." Thatcher said pulling me away from Marks body. I burst out crying as Thatch shoved me behind the couch again. Mark was paying for protecting me, why must people die for me?

"Kill me..." I whimpered.

"What?"

"Kill me...I just want to die already..." I said, a big ache hitting my heart, ripping it to pieces.

"You liked him didn't you? You like every guy! You are such a little slut." he said. I could see he had a black eye, broken lip, and bleeding nose.

"I don't care what you call me, its not what I am..."

"Yes you are. You are the scum of the earth and no one loves you Alaine, they all want your body. I was the only one who loved you truly...I was willing to give you a life of pure happiness and maybe you wouldn't be here right now. But you chose to get me far from your life and guess what, I cant live without you! You are mine forever now!" he pointed his gun to my forehead, his hand was shaking, but he knew how to kill me fast.