Chapter 77

Irene was being a bad girl without intention.

"I'll do that for you."

"Really?"

It was just something she said out of anger.

Unlike before, Ella remained silent. It looked like she was afraid Cade's attention might turn to her. But now he was giving me all his attention. As if she was invisible to him.

Then I will stop fretting over now, because I am done with my business.

"Daddy, I'm cold."

I forgot for a moment, but the air here was very cool. Maybe because I was wearing only slippers without socks, my legs and my body were a little cold.

When I finished my work, I felt the cold again and my body trembled. Cade clicked his tongue.

"Let's go."

"Yes."

Cade took the lantern I was holding and held me up.

As I hugged him back in a stable position, he said as he climbed up the stairs of the basement.

"Your body is cold. How long have you been here?"

"Hm. I don't know."

"You did a good job of twisting Messi."

"......Hehe."

"Did that sound like a compliment?"

Hip! Let's shut up. If I mess up a little more, I could end the night with a painful flick on my forehead.

When we completely came out of the basement, I saw Messi and Bassad waiting.

"Bassad?"

Why are you here?

Moreover, Messi was completely intimidated. Looking at the subdued atmosphere, it seems that something happened while I was away.

I feel sorry for Messi. Obviously, I made a promise before going downstairs, but I didn't keep it.

"Messi."

"Yes."

"It's my fault, I'm sorry. I lied because I really wanted to come here..."

As I went on, my voice got smaller and smaller.

He looked at me and gave a bright smile.

"There are also days like this in my life, being deceived by the Lady I serve."

"......Hick."

"That's my fault, so I can't do anything about it but do my best to not get fooled next time."

He finished his last words with a smile. Seeing a different smile than usual, I felt a sense of crisis.

From now on, I must never cheat.

"I won't do that next time."

"Yes, thank you."

"It's true."

"Yes, I believe you."

...I don't think so. You don't seem to believe me at all.

I decided to stop here. Because I was the reason why everyone gathered at this late hour.

"Then everyone can go back."

"What?"

Messi asked back in confusion. He was waiting for punishment, but he was surprised that Cade just let it go.

"Can we go back like this?"

"Why. Do you want to be punished?"

"It's not like that."