Chapter 70

It was an unexpected first meeting with my grandmother and grandfather.

I stiffened myself at the identity of the two strangers.

We just looked at each other without saying a word. It was a moment when a second felt like an hour.

Soon, Helena's eyes filled with surprise and opened wide.

I hesitated and stepped back.

"Pii, pii."

Why is no one talking first?

Embarrassed, I was looking at the two of them alternately, and then I met the straight gaze of a pair of red eyes.

Hic.

"Pii..."

I flinched and clasped Kasana's hand.

Seeing this, Ian narrowed his brow. He glanced at me from head to toe, full of energy that he didn't like me.

Then his mouth opened.

"Is this my granddaughter?"

His words had a nuance that he could never accept me.

But why isn't this situation unfamiliar?

It was a familiarity as if I had experienced it somewhere. It was the same feeling I had after being born from an egg and meeting Cade for the first time.

Blood can't lie.

I straightened my shrugged body and slowly examined Ian.

It's because the feeling of being terrified melted away like snow when he felt similar to Cade.

Looking at it like this, not only did they look alike, but the way he spoke was identical to that of Cade.

"Pii!"

I was so surprised that I covered my mouth. There was no doubt about it.

He's really Cade's dad!

I couldn't take my eyes off of him and stared at Ian, who showed his displeasure.

"Your eyes feel bad."

"What kind of eyes did the child make?" (Helena)

"I'm offended. What did you think about?"

Shake. Shake.

I vigorously shook my head, saying it was nothing. Ian's eyes drooped low.

"You must have been thinking about something."

"Ian. Saying that kind of thing makes the child scared. What will you do later if Irene avoids you?"

Helena interrupted with a reproach. Then Ian looked away as if he had never done so and bit his mouth.

The food chain was clear.

The big shot was Helena for sure.

She smiled and bent her knees and brought her eyes to me.

"Hello. Nice to meet you, Rina."

"......Pii?"

...Rina?

Where that name came from? Are you shortening my name to a nickname? Even Cade hasn't called me that way yet.

"I'm your grandmother. My name is Helena."

"Piihi."

"Have you just succeeded in shape-shifting?"

"Pii."

"Oh, my gosh. Seems fun to raise such a little thing."

Flash.

Helena's eyes, which were gently drawing arcs, flashed fiercely. The pupil, which had a distinctive look, became thin for a moment.