Chapter 39

Are you giving this to us?"

"Yes."

"I'll eat well, Miss."

Messi gladly accepted the cracker. Fayman, who was seriously contemplating whether to take it or not, saw him and quickly received the snack.

Piercings glistened through Messi's hair when his ears peeked out as he ate the cracker in one bite.

I decided to ask what I've been curious about.

"Messi."

"Hmm?"

"Why did you do that?"

I pointed to his ear and asked, Messi said as if it was nothing.

"Ah, this. It's a pheromone stone."

"A pheromone stone?"

That kind of thing exists too. It was a story I had never heard of.

When I looked at him with a look that I didn't know, Messi seemed to be thinking about how to explain it, and then opened his mouth.

"It has a variety of uses, but it is mainly used as a control device."

"Control device?"

"It is mainly used by werebeasts who have difficulty controlling pheromones."

It seems that he is unable to control the pheromone on his own. I was curious about a new fact I heard for the first time today.

"Then Messi can't control pheromones?"

"It's not like that."

"Then?"

Messi quietly shut his mouth.

When I who was puzzled stared at him, his deep eyes secretly avoided my gaze.

Huh? What is it? What do you use it for?

The most frustrating thing in the world was when someone stopped talking.

Messi flinched when I grabbed his arm and shook it to ask for a quick answer. Fayman, who was watching from the side, smirked and said.

"Why do you go around digging your own grave?"

"What is it? Do you know, Fayman?"

"He's using it to maximize his pheromone."

Maximize it? But wouldn't that mean you can't control it? I think it would be incredible if there were so many gemstones on it.

"If you look at it, most of it is purple, right?"

I saw a piercing in Messi's ear. Each one was filled with deep purple. Like the color of his eyes.

Fayman whispered with a tired face.

"The closer the gemstone is to purple, the more pure and powerful it is."

"Really?"

"You would usually think it's used for control when he's wearing several of them, but this guy uses them for crazy purposes like pheromone explosions."

In a word, it meant that he was insane.

Messi replied in a voice tinged with resentment.

"It's not something I use every day. It's only used occasionally when there are a lot of enemies."

"That's right. And if it's dangerous, he can control the pheromone again with the same thing. Because of that, he claims it's not complete insanity."

Fayman smiled brightly. It was nuanced that his friend didn't dare admit the truth.