Chapter 60

Did you want to go back to a Clan that abandoned you?

So, what about Estella, who took care of you? Durias did not hide his scornful look.

Although nothing had been properly revealed yet, it must have been Ella who ran away after messing with Irene's egg.

The death of Estella would also be very closely related to her.

Knowing how much Estella trusted Ella, Durias felt so much disgust his stomach was sick enough to churn.

Ella trembled inside the cellar at the violent mood. Her golden eyes were restless and moved around. The way she rolled her brain while choosing what to say was clear in Durias' eyes.

Even in the midst of this, she seems to be thinking about how she can keep her life even a little longer.

Durias managed to take back his hand, which was about to twist her neck.

Ella, who flinched back, gasped.

"As far as I know, you were abandoned in the East. How did you think you'd ever be able to go back?"

Durias, who had barely regained his sanity, asked while maintaining his characteristic smile. Ella crept back into the corner.

"Th-they said they'd give me a chance."

"Chance?"

"...They said that if I listen carefully... they'll let me go back to my hometown."

"So, it means that you betrayed your master."

"It's not!"

Ella jumped and shook her head, saying she never did.

Had she been stuck in the dungeon for so long that her head had gone bad?

It was funny to see her crying while denying the fact she said with her own mouth about her act of treachery.

Do I have to keep seeing that face?

Durias, whose stomach was upset, frowned.

Ella murmured as she crouched down while looking at his countenance.

"Well, that's. I didn't expect the Madam to die."

"Ha."

"M-Madam Estella... I didn't want her to become like that! Until that point, I...!"

Ella, who continued to talk with vigor, shut her mouth in surprise. Her terrified eyes hurriedly examined Durias' mood.

"I'm going to die of disgust."

Durias' face, which had been smiling, had turned cold.

Seeing her whining and looking around as if the corners of the prison were a lifeline was ridiculous.

He rose from his seat and went inside, he bent over and made eye contact with Ella. She flinched and tried to step back, but he strongly held her chin and pulled her forward.

"So. Madam Estella, who helped you to live safely until you reached adulthood, was betrayed by you, but the man you saw a few times when you were a child was so precious that you are now finally opening your mouth?"

"...Pl, pl, please have mercy."

"Which one do you mean? On Merrill? Or on you?"

Ella was not willing to open her mouth. She was worried.

Is she thinking about which one will she choose?

She just begged me not to touch Merrill but now she's hesitant when herself is added to the options.