Chapter 27

"Oh, isn't that a pen?"

"That's right."

"Have you already learned letters after taking Kasana's class?"

"I can write Daddy's name. Look."

"My name?"

When I pressed the pen firmly, black ink softly came out. As I wrote Cade's name one letter at a time, his admiration came out with a 'ho-'.

"Did you learn this today?"

"Yes. I asked Kasa to teach me."

"That's why you're here to brag."

Cade pat me on the head as if he was proud. I happily smiled, feeling a little bit shy and good at the compliment.

"Teaching you is worthwhile. Every time you learn something, come to show me."

"Did I do a good job?"

"Well done."

Cade, who packed the paper with his name on it, touched his chin and looked satisfied.

* * *

Finally, the day of the banquet came.

Today, Cade was going to tell everyone that I was the youngest daughter in the family.

I was sitting in front of a dressing table with a large mirror in the middle of being decorated. I had been sitting for several hours already, but it was tolerable.

I'm going to look the prettiest today!

Fortunately, Mrs. Seri sent the party dress on time, so the banquet preparations could proceed leisurely.

"Rodaria. I'm nervous."

"You don't have to worry too much. Everyone will be by Miss Irene's side."

"Everyone?"

"Yes. The Lord and the Young Masters will be by your side. The family members participating in the banquet will also be with you."

Rosaria, who had been brushing my hair, looked at the mirror and smiled. Her reassuring words seemed to relieve my anxiety a little.

"Yes. In that case, I'm not nervous."

"That's right. You don't need to be nervous. Shall we get up for a moment, Miss Irene?"

"Yes."

I cautiously got down from the tall chair.

In fact, all preparations were done in the morning, and what Rosaria was doing now, was one final check before going to the banquet.

It was awkward because I wasn't used to my reflection in the mirror.

My hair was waved in a single braid, and my side hair curled with the heat iron swayed next to my cheeks. There was a ribbon that was beautifully pleated in the shape of a butterfly on the chest of the dress, and the skirt spread as it went down to make it as easy as possible to move.

I was now mesmerized as I looked in the mirror.

This is because the pink dress with cute lace was more beautiful than I had imagined.

"Rodaria."

"Yes, Miss Irene."

"I became a princess."

When I spoke with eyes wide open, Rosaria smiled slightly as she brought the hairband that was sitting on the table. A hairband with fluffy white flowers was carefully placed over my head.

"Now it's really over. All you have to do is go see your friends!"

"Wow! Friends!"

"Should we wear a cape just in case it's cold?"