Chapter 66

I reluctantly stepped back.

I can't beat Bassad by force anyway.

"Where are we, Bassad?"

"The basement."

"...What is this place for?"

For a moment, Bassad's eyes flashed fiercely in the darkness.

"This is the place where the criminals that have sinned against the family are imprisoned."

Criminals against the family?

"...Then is there a criminal there?"

"That's right."

"...Is Daddy in there too?"

Bassad did not answer, but his silence was like an affirmation.

Something that would make Cade go to face the sinner himself, and the reason Durias accompanies him...

"Please go back now."

"Okay."

"Thank you."

Bassad helped me not to trip on the stairs.

As I opened the door of the half-closed wall, I was dazzled by the intense light even though I was inside only for a short time.

That's how dark it was beyond the wall.

Thud.

The door-like wall closed. If I hadn't approached and knocked on it in person, I probably wouldn't have known that such a place existed for the rest of my life.

As my gaze was still on the wall, I couldn't step down easily so Bassad led me.

"The Lord doesn't want you to take any interest in the basement."

"Who's in there?"

"I don't know that either."

Bassad shook his head and replied. I glanced at the distant wall and turned my head.

What is going on over there right now?

As I walked out along Bassad, my eyes widened.

"Ah."

Errand.

Durias had gone on an errand.

- Durias went to pick up someone. Are you curious?
-Yes.
-It's a secret.

And.......

-How you were born into the Astrophel family...Durias is away to find it out.

Even what Cade said.

It was a strong indication that all my circumstances had to do with the person locked up in the basement.

He said Durias went to pick up someone to find out the secret of my birth. That person had now been brought in as a sinner against the family and is jailed in the basement.

Little by little, puzzles were being put together in my mind.

So the person in there knows who I am and where I'm from...? If I go inside, will I be able to hear the answer?

"Miss."

"Yes."

"What's wrong with you all of a sudden? You don't look well."

Bassad was looking at me, who was standing in a daze.

I quickly shook my head. First of all, it didn't seem like it would be any good if the people around me knew that I knew about the criminal.