Chapter 57

There was a Bird Clan in the East.

Maybe the Loisard is that Bird Clan? Did they write a letter asking for my return? Why all of a sudden?

"What decision will the Lord make?"

"I'm sure he'll send her back."

"Well, I don't think he's going to do something like that."

"It's not like him to want to keep the young lady in the midst of having a broken relationship with the East."

At those words, my mind went blank and I felt my heart going down with a thump.

What if he really sends me back?

Anxiety crept in. Will Cade try to protect me while risking having a bad relationship with the East?

As I had just heard, there was no reason to try so hard to keep me here. I'm not even a real daughter.

But....

Obviously, I belong to the Black Mamba Clan, that's why he told me not to forget that I'm an Astrophel wherever I go.

That might be useless now, because it was said before this happened.

Arban, who had been silent, called me.

"Hey, don't worry about that. Why would father let you go over there?"

"......"

"You don't believe that, do you?"

This time, they may be right.

At times, he did give me a strangely excessive amount of attention and affection, but this time, it might not be the case.

Because Cade is the head of the family. He's a man who lives for the family and his decision was the official position of the South.

Is there a possibility that he would make a decision to ruin relations with the East just because of one little person?

There was little chance of that.

Maybe it's time to say goodbye soon.

* * *

"You can see why we're all here."

An early afternoon.

A meeting was hastily held in the Astrophel family.

It was because of a letter from the Loisards.

The impact of the short letter was big, and as a result, the elders of the family gathered one after another.

"...Why did the Loisard Clan suddenly send such a letter?"

"That's right. They've been quiet all this time, and now they suddenly want to take her back?"

A heavy silence fell. Cade looked at the letter with cold eyes.

"Yes. I'm curious about that too."

"What exactly is written on it?"

Geras asked with a grave face.

"They're coming to the South to pick up Irene."

"You mean all the way to here?"

The atmosphere in the conference room became noisy. Seeing that they were going to come in person, the Loisards seemed to be determined.

"Things aren't going very well. At this rate, I think they could even ask for a trial."

"I think the same. If that happens, it's a disadvantage for the South."