Chapter 28

Seth looked around undisturbed, and Arban leaned against the wall with a bored expression as nothing interested him.

I quickly called them both.

"Seth! Arban!"

At the same time, both turned to me. As I ran around holding Cade's hand, Seth approached with a big smile.

"Welcome, Irene. You look pretty today."

"Yes. I really like my clothes. I look like a princess."

"What kind of princess are you?"

Arban came to my side with an absurd expression on his face. Seth and Arban were standing on either side. As I became confident and smiled, Arban mumbled tremblingly.

"Well, it's not that it's too bad to be seen." (Arban)

"I feel calm now." (Irene)

"...What are you talking about. Don't make any mistakes." (Arban)

"Yes!" (Irene)

Before long, an employee left after saying something to Cade and he called us.

"Irene, Seth, Arban."

"Yes?"

"Yes, Father."

We stopped quarreling and looked back at Cade.

"It's time to enter, so get ready."

At the end of that, the door to the splendid banquet hall opened. Many people that gathered in one place, were talking with each other.

As the music that was being played gradually decreased, people who noticed glanced toward the door. Soon our entry became known.

"Cade Astrophel and his successors are entering."

The audience became quiet. Cade went inside first, followed by me. As soon as we got to the top seat, he opened his mouth.

"Thank you all for participating in the banquet. I hope everyone enjoys it well before returning to your territories."

It was quite different from the usual Cade I knew. It was wonderful to see him speak calmly in front of everyone as if it was natural.

I have to do it well too. I did it before, so I can do it now.

When I straightened my back, Cade introduced me before finishing his greetings.

"And let me take this opportunity to introduce to you, Irene Astrophel, the youngest child in my family."

When it was my turn to introduce myself, I took a deep breath and smiled brightly. When everyone was together, there was nothing to be afraid of.

"Hello. I'm Irene Astrophel!"

As I confidently finished my brief introduction, Cade glanced at the band.

"Then I hope you enjoy the rest of the time to your heart's content."

The music, which had been playing quietly like a background sound, began to resound in a lighthearted way. I curiously looked around the banquet hall. It was a different feeling from when I came to see it together with Arban.

The hall really sparkled as the food was served at each table and it was crowded with guests.

I came down holding hands with Cade and sat down in the family's reserved seat. He said that each family had a separate table. And to make it easier to distinguish them, the tablecloth was engraved with the clan's coat of arms.

I've never seen so many different werebeasts gathered in one place, so I've been busy looking around.

Most of them had many straightforward crests that could represent the characteristics of the clan well.