Chapter 36

Since I had never seen the outside of the mansion, an envious voice came out.

"If you grow up a little, we can go out together."

"Really?"

"Still, the border is difficult. It's a terrible place, I think the Lord won't allow it... Oh, maybe not?"

Messi mumbled, touching his chin.

"Maybe he will order us to organize the surroundings in a way that is easy for the miss to go."

His serious expression and tone of voice made me feel anxious.

As he said, I'm afraid it'll really happen so I shook my head quickly.

"No. I don't want to go!"

"You said you wanted to go see it earlier."

"No!"

I knew that there was nothing good about causing trouble at the border.

I can roughly guess how strong Messi, who is guarding such an important area, will be. The thought of people like Messi having a group riot at the border at Cade's orders made my desire to go non-existent.

Messi smacked his lips when I shook my head repeatedly.

"Is that so? It's a pity. Everyone wanted to see you, but only a few came as representatives."

"Others beside Karma and Messi?"

"You want to meet them?"

"Yes."

I desperately wanted to know, I was very curious. Messi grinned as I actively leaned forward.

"Do you want me to tell you a little bit about them?"

I nodded my head. Messi came closer to whisper. The moment he was about to speak, a fragrant scent poked the tip of his nose.

What scent is this?

As I stretched my body forward towards where the scent was coming from, Messi fell from me with a small but quick movement.

When I looked back at him in curiosity, he laughed awkwardly.

"You must have detected my pheromones, but you can't try to smell them like that, Miss."

"Huh? Why?"

Is it rude to do this to each other?

I wasn't familiar with the etiquette yet, so I didn't know that I had made a mistake. I was wondering if I should apologize, but Rosaria explained.

"It is because, among the clansmen, Messi is specialized in poison."

"Poison? Messi has poison?"

When asked quickly about the fact I had not expected, Messi explained as it was a normal thing.

"Everyone is born with it."

Oh My God. So, you mean that everyone in the family I see every day has poison? But this is the first time I've ever felt this scent.

I looked at Rosaria next to me.

No way.......

"Rodaria too?"

"That's right. It's the most powerful weapon that increases our chances of survival."

"I didn't know..."

"Because everyone was careful. If Miss Irene gets poisoned, it's a big deal, right?"

It was the most shocking story I had ever heard. In fact, I had expected it to some extent, but hearing the answer directly felt different. I was able to realize how careful they had been around me.