Chapter 74

"When will the Loisar family arrive?"

"They will arrive in a week."

"Sigh. This is worrying."

If the Loisars know about the second piece of information about Irene, the problem has grown.

That would also mean that the Artban family knows.

Helena's complexion was dyed with concern. She hopes that it won't happen, but if it does, a choice will have to be made.

Either way, allowing the Loisars to visit the South was a gamble. There will be a constant war of nerves to check each other's cards.

"The opponent will also be desperate. Have you prepared a way to react in case of an emergency?"

To bring the successor back safely, they will try to take Irene by all means. If that doesn't work, they could even threaten war to get her back.

But Cade shook his head.

"I didn't think much about it."

He grinned as he put the report to one side.

"I hate having a headache."

Seeing that, Ian clicked his tongue.

Cade had a habit of making decisions at will when things bothered him.

'He's at it again.'

It was also proof that he cared about Irene that much.

"Yes, you're going to do pretty well."

The serious talk was ending and Helena looked around the office to change her mood.

Helena, who slowly turned her eyes past the red family's seal, desks, and sofa, had to doubt her eyes for a moment.

"Cade."

"Yes."

"...What is that?"

Helena pointed between the cushions with a trembling hand.

There was a snake doll that a child could play with.

Until now, they were having a serious conversation, so she didn't have time to look around. But now she was seeing a colorful snake doll curled up on the far end of the sofa opposite her.

It was very cute.

Ian, who turned his head in the direction Helena pointed, coughed with a shocked face.

"When did you get such a taste?"

No matter how you look at it, it was a doll that didn't match Cade.

"Ah."

Cade smiled contentedly at the doll. He never got tired of looking at it every day, so it was still giving him satisfaction right at this moment.

"Don't touch it. It's mine."

"What is that?"

"Irene's first prey."

"...It's her first prey?"

Does that make sense?

Ian, who raised the doll with his index finger and thumb as if he was checking something unfamiliar, frowned.

The doll had a fragrant scent, it looked like it was going to the laundry regularly.

"The way you are doting on this makes it look like you are keeping an heirloom."

Ian, who had put the doll down in its original place, looked at Cade with pity.

Helena began to scrutinize the office to see what else was there.