Chapter 47

"......What?"

"A hundred."

What do you think? Are you surprised? You never dreamed that I would ask for such a large sum, did you?

Then why did you ask me?

I brazenly raised my chin. Surpia could not hide her bewilderment that grew by the minute.

"I think the lady wants platinum coins."

"...But that's a bit..."

The surrounding atmosphere was also flowing with a strange nuance. It seemed that they were not very happy when platinum coins were mentioned.

Let's not be discouraged. They asked me for my opinion, so I just said it.

Surpia, who was quick to scan the documents in a hurry, stuttered in the end.

"Is-Is it true that you said a hundred?"

"Hm. If it's not a hundred I don't want it?"

I must never back down. I nodded my head and said with strength the word "hundred."

There was silence again.

Then Cade sighed deeply and grabbed his forehead. The strange thing was that while he seemed to be in trouble, the corner of his mouth was drawing an arc.

"It seems like you've only learned the number up to 100, so let's move on."

"Hm?"

What? Do you mean there's a number bigger than a hundred? Then Baon also called me with a smile on his face.

"Miss Irene. Please take a look at this."

"What?"

Several numbers were written on the paper Baon handed out, and he gave a brief explanation with a pen.

"This is one hundred. Then one thousand. Then ten thousand. After that, it increases in the order of 100,000, then one million, then ten million."

"...So?"

"The amount allotted to Miss Irene is far more than a hundred."

"......How much?"

"A million times a lot."

A million times? So how much is that all?!

At Baon's words, I just froze.

In the end, my budget was able to be set at a value higher than 100 million gold coins that I had requested.

And that's just the amount to use for the second half of the year.

That fact made me feel somber again. Once I get used to how the people here spend money, nothing else would be up to par.

Of course, it was Cade and the people around him who made that huge contribution.

"There's still a lot to learn."

"But I'm smart, so I can learn fast."

"That's right. Miss Irene's ability to learn is rather fast. A werebeast intelligence also develops according to the rate of growth. At your level, this is really advanced."

"......Hunf."

Look at it. They say I'm right, I puffed my cheeks.

After the meeting, we were heading somewhere. I thought they would send me back, but I guess not. Where are you going?

I rested my cheek on his shoulder and leaned back comfortably.

"Kasana said you are able to detect pheromones now."