Chapter 61

"Don't you dare." (Ian)

He doesn't know about anything else but that was something he couldn't concede. Ian followed his wife as she entered the mansion.

Helena had already enjoyed relaxation for three years, so she was telling stories of boredom, but it was not the same for Ian.

How much he wanted this alone time for the two?

That's why he deliberately settled in a remote rural area far from the family. He could not yield such precious time to a granddaughter.

Helena didn't know, but Ian had even threatened Cade not to come down to the rural area to disturb the alone time between them.

-It's a very tear-jerking love. Hurry up and be on your way.

-I was going to do that anyway.

That was the last conversation with their frosty cold son.

And the news of the successors came soon after.

I was a little worried, but just as I was finally relieved that he was running the family well, I unexpectedly got a granddaughter.

It didn't matter until then. The problem was.......

"There you go again. Get ready to go out soon."

"Where are we going?"

"It's the first time we'll be meeting, so I should give her a present, right? What would a girl like... I've never raised a child other than a son, so what do I need to know?"

Helena was already preparing to leave while thinking about all sorts of things. Ian let out a sigh.

She was already having so much fun that he couldn't bear to stop it.

Now he's going to have to share her interest and time with this new grandchild. Ian couldn't even get it out of his mouth because Helena will surely make fun of him.

However, Helena, who recognized Ian's feelings like a ghost, smiled slyly.

"Still, I love you the most, you know?"

"I know."

After getting ready, the two left the mansion. They both looked very young, though they could never be called young.

Helena, who was walking while holding Ian's hand, opened her mouth.

"Is the child adjusting well?"

She seemed a little worried. No matter where you go, if you look different, there will always be someone who will reject you.

"There have been mixed races among the previous generations. I don't know about other regions, but you don't have to worry much about such a thing in the South."

"Still, there is such a thing as if."

"Then we can deal with it in front of everyone. Who dares reject a successor?"

At Ian's words, Helena smiled as her worries disappeared.

"That'll do! But what would be a good present, Ian."

"I don't know."

"Would it be better to go to the arms dealer and procure something?"

...Arms dealer?

For a moment, Ian thought he had heard it wrong. But it soon became clear that wasn't the case.

Because Helena was thinking very seriously about it.

Is it appropriate to visit an arms dealer to buy gifts for children?

As far as he knew, it wasn't something common. Ian was confused. What kind of childhood did Helena have?